collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 592
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Zero Tolerance Speed Camera  (Read 2460 times)

david1275

Zero Tolerance Speed Camera
« on: April 03, 2010, 08:55:35 AM »
Lewis will have to watch out for these bad boys, much worse than the Aussie police.

Offline Wizzo

Re: Zero Tolerance Speed Camera
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:24:47 AM »
Excellent! But surely, this would be a breach of health & safety and human rights.  ::)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:33:35 AM »
Excellent! But surely, this would be a breach of health & safety and human rights.  ::)

Only if you live through the hail of bullets Wizzo. ;) :DD :DD :DD

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 04:11:35 AM »
These will be installed in Tucson, as the current ones are being less effective (as money makers anyway) than expected.  >:D

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »
Kind of reminds me what Car and Driver mag suggested what might happen if they installedspeed cameras in the US years ago.  The said likely the last picture a camera would take would be looking down the business end if a shotgun. :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 03:49:58 PM »
Reminds me of the bad guy robot from Robocop

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »
Kind of reminds me what Car and Driver mag suggested what might happen if they installedspeed cameras in the US years ago.  The said likely the last picture a camera would take would be looking down the business end if a shotgun. :D

A couple have been painted out, but in one case, a guy walked up to one of the mobile radar vans, opened the door, and shot the tech to death. Another reason to do away with them.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 12:53:56 PM »
Two towns near me recently installed the infernal devices. The citizens of both towns promptly voted to throw the cameras (and the political hacks who installed them) out.

Here in the States, every time these revenue enhancement devices have been put on the ballot, they have been thrown out by large margins.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »
Two towns near me recently installed the infernal devices. The citizens of both towns promptly voted to throw the cameras (and the political hacks who installed them) out.

Here in the States, every time these revenue enhancement devices have been put on the ballot, they have been thrown out by large margins.

:good: The pity is we don't get a say in Britain with the way our local & National government is organised. >:(
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »

In Ontario, my province in Canada, one government brought in photo radar, the next government won by a landslide, and one of their main planks was getting rid of photo radar.  (That and making unemployed people work for their welfare.) 

The trick is, they built a toll highway, now everyone has to pay, not just the speeders.

david1275

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 07:08:08 PM »
Here they tend to keep 'em mobile in the back of vans. Don't think they would last too long if put on the road side before they got a date with a Stihl saw.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle