collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 550
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Can't see motogp any more as free  (Read 4916 times)

Offline gato

Can't see motogp any more as free
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
I am very disappointed that our tv channel decided to transfer motogp broadcasts into another channel that is not free! :( :'( I have watched that sport almost 10 years, firstly from Eurosport, then from our national channels but I don't want to pay anything to see it from 4 Sport Pro that is not free. It is part of one bigger channel package where are channels that I am not keen on and it is too expensive. What to do?? :DntKnw: I would like to see the race (only chance is to go to  noisy bar but it doesn't interest me)
I know that there are live timings in some sites but it is not same as see the race.
So good bye motogp??

La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerà. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Jericoke

Re: Can't see motogp any more as free
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
I am very disappointed that our tv channel decided to transfer motogp broadcasts into another channel that is not free! :( :'( I have watched that sport almost 10 years, firstly from Eurosport, then from our national channels but I don't want to pay anything to see it from 4 Sport Pro that is not free. It is part of one bigger channel package where are channels that I am not keen on and it is too expensive. What to do?? :DntKnw: I would like to see the race (only chance is to go to  noisy bar but it doesn't interest me)
I know that there are live timings in some sites but it is not same as see the race.
So good bye motogp??

Demand 'a la carte' programming from your TV provider.  We have in Canada.  You can pay like $10 a month to get 20+ extra channels, but if you only like 1 of them, you can pay $2 a month for that single channel.  It's a much poorer value, but it still costs less than the 19 channels you don't want.  In the long run, if the choice is between $2 a month and $0, seems pretty simple to me.

Offline gato

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:31:33 PM »
So good bye motogp??

It is not possible to get it so cheaply. There is possible to order it as price 27,72 eur/month. The package includes other channels too but I really don't want to pay that much and for others that I will not watch. Unfortunately 4 Sport pro is not as single channel in our operator. So I quit and goodbye motogp!!

Demand 'a la carte' programming from your TV provider.  We have in Canada.  You can pay like $10 a month to get 20+ extra channels, but if you only like 1 of them, you can pay $2 a month for that single channel.  It's a much poorer value, but it still costs less than the 19 channels you don't want.  In the long run, if the choice is between $2 a month and $0, seems pretty simple to me.
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »
Europe is eons behind Canada in TV opportunity.  There is so much that I would even be happy to PAY for, but still can't get, and demanding anything from ANYBODY here will get you little more than a chuckle.   :fool: :fool:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 02:26:59 AM »
Europe is eons behind Canada in TV opportunity.  There is so much that I would even be happy to PAY for, but still can't get, and demanding anything from ANYBODY here will get you little more than a chuckle.   :fool: :fool:

So is the US.The cable company's here say it would cost more if
they offered us just the channelsa we want.So no F1 for me on
tv,just the mostly useless links Cos and me constantly search for.
Sometimes we hit the Holy Grail,USA Speed Channel
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

'a la carte' programming hasn't made it out West yet  (western Canada, Jericoke, you're in Ontario or Quebec right?) Not that I really care too much as most of my viewing in the last 2 years has switched to downloaded shows off the internet, but thats a whole other thread opportunity!  ;)

That sucks that they've moved something you've grown accustomed to for free to a paid tier package! I'm guessing that you don't have quite the vicious competition where you are as I am blessed to have in my relatively tiny little town. You can't go with another TV provider I'm guessing?

Right now there are 3 large companies all fighting for my dollar and I just finished playing them all against each other and wrangled an embarrassingly wicked deal from one. They provide my digital phone, 2mb internet connection and HD digital TV package for a price thats gonna save me about $600/year rather than 3 seperate companies for those 3 services. To top it off they gave me 2 free HD PVR's (or DVR's) plus free unlimited long distance calling anywhere in North America for a year, then it goes to $.04/minute. Calling most countries in Europe is also SUPER cheap.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:23:52 AM »
My phone's just sitting here, quiet as ever... :DntKnw: :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline gato

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »

I checked tv schedule of 4 Sport (our national free channel). Right now there is going motogp quali (moto2 class) and at 7 pm the motogp class. I am happy that I can see the quali as live! But the race is not possible to see as live from that channel tomorrow but instead it is possible to see one hour trasmission on monday night. I will not watch results before monday. And I am very happy that everything is not pushed into payment channel!! Best luck to Mika, Randy and Nicky!!! :good:
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  :-[

OK smarty...  :D

I just tried to call at 10:57 your time and all I get is receptions voice mail..shoot me your direct number.... $.04/minute!!! wooohooo!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:01:10 PM by Canada Darrell »
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

david1275

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »
Gato I really hope you get a chance to see the first race in Qatar. It was an absolutely awesome race, a must see.

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
Too right David, what a race, if only F1 was like that.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 11:28:59 AM »

Gato I really hope you get a chance to see the first race in Qatar. It was an absolutely awesome race, a must see.

I'm not so sure I would put it in the awesome category, there were some suprises and good manouveres but Lorenzo was asleep for three quarters of the race - what is that all about. On the plus side didn't the Honda have some grunt on the straight and it was a lot better than the F1 season opener in Bahrain :good:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 07:22:38 PM »
Well, I'm with David, I thought it was a great race, Lorenzo was nursing an injured hand and took it easy for the 1st half of the race and then nailed 2nd, can't be bad.

Offline gato

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 08:29:35 PM »
Well, I'm with David, I thought it was a great race, Lorenzo was nursing an injured hand and took it easy for the 1st half of the race and then nailed 2nd, can't be bad.
Lorenzo did great job  :good:, it was not easy for him to race with hand that is not recovered yet. I watched the motogp tonight from 4 Pro (our free channel). I was very satisfield that they showed THE WHOLE race, not only highlighs, the podium ceremony and even interviews of 3 podium men (that they didn't show last year!). Randy and Nicky have done strong race, Mika didn't finish  :'(. It was surprise that Stoner falled, he has had so strong start...next time they race in Japan, so it is new chance to all drivers. Tomorrow night I will watch motogp magazine from the same channel, it lasts one hour.
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »
I thought Nicky Hayden had a great race too, just missed a podium finish, darn if that Honda ain't fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle