collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 575
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: OT -Top Gears Stig  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Monty

OT -Top Gears Stig
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »
 :nono:Sorry off topic I know.... but I need someone to settle an argument. I know Perry McCarthy used to be Top Gears Stig until they killed him off. Me and two of my friends are absolutely certain we know who the latest Stig is. The problem is we all come up with a different name!

davewilson

Re: OT -Top Gears Stig
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 10:20:55 AM »
Monty:

The test driver, The Stig, never speaks a word and his face has never been seen (it being always hidden behind a tinted visor).

For the first two seasons, The Stig was Perry McCarthy, a former Formula One driver as well as a test driver for three F1 teams. A new Stig took over from McCarthy after the original Stig's "demise" at the beginning of Season 3. On the 18 March 2006 the former Stig, Perry McCarthy, revealed that currently there is no one single test driver, but multiple test drivers who masquerade as the Stig; he said this when he appeared at a Palmer Sport activity day in Bedfordshire, UK. Rumours have it that one of the new Stigs is Damon Hill and occasionally Colin McRae. And in January 2006, the Daily Express claimed that the identity of The Stig is former Formula 1 driver Julian Bailey.
However Ben Collins has been put in the frame to be the current Stig.Ben is currently racing one of three Ascari KZ1R Supercars in the new FIA GT3 European Championship with Team Damax.

This new Championship, specifically for GT3 cars, will run as a stand alone Championship supporting the FIA GT Championship. Some of the most prestigious brands will be racing alongside each other to provide some excellent competition: Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati and the all new Ascari. Having claimed a podium in the KZ1R’s first event at Silverstone from the back of the grid; Ben will be aiming for race wins by the end of the season.

Monty:I hope this helps and if anyone out there has any information,post it here.

The Stig

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:36:31 AM by The Stig »

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »
Thanks Stig. Your explanation covers the three names offered by me and my friends. In April/May 2006 I was close to the Top Gear site and saw Damon Hill coming out. I was also convinced that in one of the programmes where Stig was pictured there was tell-tale grey hair showing. However, my two friends reckoned Ben Collins and Julian Bailey. I know they don't always show complete laps but the current Stig (or Stigs) take F1 lines. If they are using different drivers they are incredible similar in terms of stance at the wheel, steering input, etc.
It would be great to get a definitive answer.

davewilson

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »
Monty:
I will keep looking for a solution to this one.I suggest that who ever is driving? will look the same with with car input etc. because it is always the same track,and only one line to take around it .These chaps are Test Drivers or racers,with obvious Track Craft.
The people who come on the show all have lessons from the stig,as to the best way round to get a quick time.
But at the moment Mr,Collins looks to be the present Stig.

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle