collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 247
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16175 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13015 Posts
John S John S
11290 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Wet weather forecast for Monaco GP  (Read 1618 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Wet weather forecast for Monaco GP
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

Nice to see a least one driver welcomes a wet weekend. ;)

A week of bad weather could lead into a wet 2010 Monaco grand prix.

Weather forecasts said rain in the Principality is expected to persist intermittently throughout the entire race weekend.

Lewis Hamilton said on Monday that McLaren's forecast is also for "extremely unpredictable" weather and likely "heavy rain".

The 2008 world champion is also quoted widely as worrying about the effect slow backmarkers will have this weekend on the twisty Armco-barrier lined circuit.

One calculation has shown that if the entire field was evenly spread around the famous street layout, there would be less than 140 metres between each car.

"Even if it doesn't rain on the Sunday, the possibility of heavily disrupted practice and qualifying sessions means that we'll probably go into the race with a chance of one of the most exciting and unpredictable Monaco grands prix for many years," said Hamilton.

OneStopStrategy.com, Today

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Wet weather forecast for Monaco GP
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »

Nice to see a least one driver welcomes a wet weekend. ;)

"Even if it doesn't rain on the Sunday, the possibility of heavily disrupted practice and qualifying sessions means that we'll probably go into the race with a chance of one of the most exciting and unpredictable Monaco grands prix for many years," said Hamilton.

OneStopStrategy.com, Today

Sure, the race I'm going to miss watching is probably going to be the best of the lot.   :'(

I hope Hamilton's right though!   >:D

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:23:01 PM »
Sure, the race I'm going to miss watching is probably going to be the best of the lot.   :'(

I hope Hamilton's right though!   >:D

Hey Jeri,

I know you're going to be at the Smithsonian but surely with the race starting at 7AM DC time, you could squeeze in the race before starting the days festivities?  8)
C'mon, send the hubby and the kids down for breakfast and catch up with them at 9! Win-win!  :good:
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:28:14 PM »
The race will start at 08:00 EDT (Washington, DC time) on Sunday. I just checked Formula1.com to be sure.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 08:53:07 AM »

not hard to do lewis. Generally MONACO is a boring procession as it is almost impossible to pass on this track unless a driver gets "blue-flagged".

with all the hype about Monaco, and it is a very glamorous occasion, it is a unique anachronism not a true motor race; that's if you define a motor race as a contest where it is normal to overtake.

personally, the interest comes from Qualifying then seeing how many drivers can avoid the unforgiving Armco in the 'race' itself.

a famous driver - nelson PIQUET I think - once said: "......it is like riding a pushbike through your house."

...enough said I think...

...and the 1st practice session is minutes away so I'm off to formula1.com to watch the live timing screen
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:06:11 AM »
Sennaman, I owe you big time mate, I'd forgotten it was on this morning, cheers mate, I'll still jump on your posts if I don't like them though.  :good:  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

markb

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »
Not missing much at the mo, I think Kubica has just gone out a few mins ago.  Just heard on BBC's commentary, that apparently, only Mclaren have got the F-duct at Monaco, the other teams have ditched it!!

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:47:03 AM »

oh goody, we are over 40 minutes into practice 1 and NO RAIN so far!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
Sennaman, I owe you big time mate, I'd forgotten it was on this morning, cheers mate, I'll still jump on your posts if I don't like them though.  :good:  :DD

no worries Ian, I'm glad to help, and please disagree and 'jump' on my posts anytime mate as it's the core of getting to the real substance of anything.  :yahoo: :yahoo: :good: :good: :D 8) :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:59:32 PM »
Starting to rain at Monaco.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

markb

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
I'd hate to think what qualy is going to be like on Saturday, judging by practice 2... :DntKnw: :confused:

markb

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »
Quick reminder that Friday is "rest day" at Monaco, with third practice and qualy being held on Saturday, just in case you didn't, ' cause I didnt!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle