collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 217
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16165 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12995 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel to get new chassis for Turkey  (Read 3444 times)

Offline stealthhaggis

Vettel to get new chassis for Turkey
« on: May 20, 2010, 04:31:24 PM »
Vettel to get new chassis for Turkey

By Jonathan Noble    Thursday, May 20th 2010, 13:05 GMT

Red Bull, Monaco GPSebastian Vettel is to be given a new chassis for the Turkish Grand Prix after his Red Bull Racing team discovered a fault on the car he had used in Monaco.

The German has been beaten by team-mate Mark Webber in the last two races, and in Monaco he had no response for his team-mate's pace throughout the weekend.

After the cars returned to the Red Bull Racing factory earlier this week, the team conducted a detailed investigation into the car Vettel has used all season (chassis number 3), and discovered a fault - although it has not specified exactly what it is.

With the outfit determined to give both its drivers an equal chance of battling for the championship, however, it has decided to give Vettel a replacement chassis for the next race of the season in Istanbul.

When asked by AUTOSPORT to clarify the chassis situation, team principal Christian Horner said: "Sebastian Vettel experienced some handling peculiarities with his current chassis during the Monaco GP. Upon further investigation a small defect was found on his chassis, which will be replaced for the next race in Turkey."

Webber used chassis number 2 for the season opener in Bahrain, but switched to chassis 4 after that.

Offline judy

Re: Vettel to get new chassis for Turkey
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »
With the outfit determined to give both its drivers an equal chance of battling for the championship, however, it has decided to give Vettel a replacement chassis for the next race of the season in Istanbul.

I fully support this approach of giving equal chance to both drivers to complete for the championship, unlike certain teams which focus on only one driver for all development of their cars. I think the concept of only the first driver competing with other teams for the WDC and second driver only playing supporting role is outdated. Not winning either WDC and WCC at the end of this season will serve as a wake up call to those team bosses that the the old concept is no longer relevant today in F1.  :o

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »
Agree with that. Most of the top teams seem to have taken that approach now anyway. We will see how MGP go as it will interesting to see if they continue to support Nico equally. Only smaller teams seem to use the 1 focal driver approach. Mainly due to funds it would seem.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »
I noticed the phantom ride height adjuster on the RBR's seems to have faded into the background...did it never even exist?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »
It still exists, which is why you see Mark and Seb frantically pumping their arms when leave the pits as it's the only way to deflate the suspension! :D

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 01:57:22 PM »

......the implication being this is the reason SV is bested by MW.

Well without the team specifying what the 'minor' fault was I will treat the announcement with the utter contempt it deserves. On second thoughts even if they divulge the 'minor fault' [their words] I shall remain contemptuous.

......I bet if mark's car was also tested they would find another minor fault too

......seriously, when is 'perfection' ever achieved especially in something as adjustable as a modern F1 car

......put it all down to cosetting the fragile prima donna ego and overhyped image of sebastian

Why has F1 over developed the status of its drivers to this puerile extent?

One major thing mark has among the current crop of overhyped drivers?

he has shown he is a real man amongst a lot of pampered prats and I hope he continues to be the WDC for 2010. 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 02:50:51 PM »

I see this as a non story really, I can't see any team refusing to let a driver try another chassis if one is available and he feels he could do better with it. In another thread we have been discussing taking a spare car to races so teams have more than one chassis per driver, unless you are Virgin of course, so where is the big deal. In the days of the T car drivers often elected to start the race in the T car as they thought it would perform better.

I'm in agreement with you SennaMan, it sounds like the team is seeking to cover SV's insecurities with this load of Bull.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »
Nobody seems to be addressing the core of the matter... what will Luscious Liz's replacement be named?

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
Apparently it's going to be called Randy Mandy.  I knew a girl named Mandy a long time ago...but I'm not telling.

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/18400.html

I can't wait for Nympho Nancy!   :o :o
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:07:18 PM by Scott »

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »
Apparently it's going to be called Randy Mandy.  I knew a girl named Mandy a long time ago...but I'm not telling.

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/18400.html

I can't wait for Nympho Nancy!   :o :o

Glad we got that cleared up, thanks Scott!

(BTW, I dated a guy named Randy for a bit... does 15 years count as a long time ago?)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 06:48:45 AM »
Nobody seems to be addressing the core of the matter... what will Luscious Liz's replacement be named?

VETTEL needs a different attitude and mindset before he needs a different chassis.

IMO that's the core of the matter as evidenced by his juvenile, unprofessional and reckless behaviour at the Turkey GP
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline Monty

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
IMO that's the core of the matter as evidenced by his juvenile, unprofessional and reckless behaviour at the Turkey GP

Don't hold back; say what you really think.

(BTW, I dated a guy named Randy for a bit... does 15 years count as a long time ago?)
You North Americans ruin the British schoolboy humour by actually using names like Randy. Anyway, back to schoolboy antics....so you dated a guy called Randy; so was he? Know what I mean, nudge, nudge! Say no more!

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
Short for Randolph...isn't that a good English name?

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »

VETTEL needs a different attitude and mindset before he needs a different chassis.

Keeping in mind, at 22 years old he is still pretty juvenile by F1 standards... and as someone who has been a top driver since being 19, it's hard to develop the professional work ethic drivers like Webber had to do at Minardi.

(I'm not saying he doesn't need an attitude adjustment, just saying I'm not surprised that his history has created the attitude he has now.  Hell, in the same situation I'd be just as bad, if not worse  >:D )

It's time for some adult supervision, whether it comes from Horner, Marko or even Webber himself.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 04:16:39 PM »

Keeping in mind, at 22 years old he is still pretty juvenile by F1 standards... and as someone who has been a top driver since being 19, it's hard to develop the professional work ethic drivers like Webber had to do at Minardi.

(I'm not saying he doesn't need an attitude adjustment, just saying I'm not surprised that his history has created the attitude he has now.  Hell, in the same situation I'd be just as bad, if not worse  >:D )

It's time for some adult supervision, whether it comes from Horner, Marko or even Webber himself.

I do agree with ya Jeri, even if you are far more forgiving and compassionate than I...

...and would a good kick in the rear followed by a swift and crisp uppercut to the jaw from WEBBER, qualify as 'adult supervision'?  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle