collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 595
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Coulthard highly motivated  (Read 2635 times)

davewilson

Coulthard highly motivated
« on: January 12, 2007, 01:03:22 AM »
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner insisted his veteran driver David Coulthard belies his age and is keener than ever to prove he still has what it takes to compete at the highest level.

"David is tremendously motivated," he said on Thursday. "He has worked extremely hard in the past two years with the team, he has been an instrumental part of the team and he has gone about his off-season with more effort than before.

"He's training harder and he is physically fitter than he has ever been," added Horner of the Scot. "He is motivated, anxious to get going and looking forward to seeing how the new car goes.

"He has big expectations for the season ahead and I have not seen him more motivated or fitter."

Red Bull are expecting to see a marked improvement this year after stagnating in the latter part of 2006 especially with the first car designed for them by Adrian Newey, the technical guru who helped Williams and McLaren to multiple constructors' titles.

Coulthard worked with Newey previously at both teams and has taken all his 13 grand prix wins in cars designed by the balding boffin.

Red Bull have also traded their Ferrari engines for Renault ones and have signed experienced Australian Mark Webber from Williams as Coulthard's team-mate.

For Me:This Guy has never done anything.He is in the list of olso-ran.
He would make a great Test Driver for a F1 Team if they would take him on

Time to test the theory.Do people really read website pages??And have a view?

Offline Dare

Re: Coulthard highly motivated
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:29:10 AM »

I just think this may be David's last year.
   Really believed he was gone 2 yrs ago and
   he lucked into the Red Bull drive

Also think Webber's getting to career
   point where he needs to show something
   or he's gone.Could be like Fisichella,by the
   time he get's a ride with a good tram he's
   lost the sharpness he had

I read a few web pages every day,msn sports,
   f1.com,pitpass,and another f1 forum I visit.but
   GP Wizard has becone my favorite :yahoo:

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 01:56:23 AM »
Dare:
You Know it makes sense.This site puts in what others leave out.
We talk to people.Try to answer the questions and take in what views people have.There will be a point when we have a difference of opinion,but so long as you agree with us i cant see a problem.
Dare: thank you for all the information you are bringing to the
site
Keep It Up Mate:
Kind Regards:
The Stig
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 02:11:24 AM by The Stig »

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
 Yup, DC would make an excellent test driver but he ain't got it to make the biggies and thats not always the cars fault
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »
Guys C'mon now, we have all seen what webber can do, and it seems that the true unluckiest man in the paddock, is in fact Mark Webber, he is very quick, matured and now all he needs is a great machine to complete the package.  Although I must say, he made a grave error in going to williams instead of taking the renault drive.  Now I know some will say hindsight is a great thing, however my thoughts were that he should have gone with renault back when we first heard about the option for him.  My reasoning was he had a better chance with a larger team rather than the smaller team.  Who knew at the time though??

davewilson

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 06:19:26 PM »
Romephius:
Nationality would not cause you to have these  views would they?
Regards:
The Stig

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 06:58:13 PM »
Of course there is some national pride mixed up in my assessment, however the british have had the same effect when regarding Jenson Button, only 1 win, yes that's 1 more win than Mark Webber, but it must be stated that I not only think Mark, given the right machine could win a world championship, I also believe that Button is also capable.  The have fairly similar career lenghts.

Just a thought mate.

davewilson

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:23:28 PM »
Romephius:
Mark Webber is a talented driver.Jaguar put all of their faith in him to come up with the goods but it all went pair shaped.
He is the sort of driver who everyone would like to come good.But for me he has not made the grade and unless he proves me wrong he is in the same class as DC......Must do better...Sounds like my old school report.

No Offence:Romephius

The stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle