collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 299
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16175 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13015 Posts
John S John S
11290 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Webber Gets Vettel's Old Chassis  (Read 3727 times)

Offline cosworth151

Webber Gets Vettel's Old Chassis
« on: July 05, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »
Mark Webber will get the chassis that Vettel said he didn't want after Monaco. Red Bull says that chassis #3 has been repaired. Chassis #4, which Webber flipped at Valencia last week, will be kept as a reserve.

http://www.racer.com/webber-given-vettels-old-chassis/article/173957/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY

This sounds similar to what happened with Sarah Fisher Racing earlier this season. Graham Rahal said that the #66 car didn't feel right. Dallara found and repaired minute cracks in the tub.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Webber Gets Vettel's Old Chassis
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »
Sounds like a conspiracy to slow Webber down. >:D

Lonny
Lonny

Offline judy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »
Why should Webber accept the defective chassis in the first place? He should speak out and insist on a new chassis, not a defective chassis that have been rejected by Vettel!

David

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:26:01 PM »
Why should Webber accept the defective chassis in the first place? He should speak out and insist on a new chassis, not a defective chassis that have been rejected by Vettel!

I agree, why should he have to settle for sloppy seconds.  >:(

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »
Simple, Vettel's their prefered driver.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »

Maybe because Webber's the one who flipped a car in the air?

I'm sure they're making chassis (what IS the plural of chassis?) as fast as they can, and he'll get the next new one.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
These are chassis number 3 and 4. Where are 1 and 2? Do they only have 4? I assume one was used up in the homologation crash test.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 02:59:00 AM »
Red Bull can protest all they want, but it just becomes more obvious their "Chosen One" is Vettel. They may have repaired the old chassis, but I suspect it will not be as competitive. We will see shortly.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 09:00:41 AM »
Yep, what next, will they give Mark a Torro Rosso to drive?!

Williamsfan

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 09:31:51 AM »
Seems completely wrong to me for Mark to be given Seb's cast offs.  Maybe it is only a temporary arrangement.  However it would be hilarious if Webber gets race wins out of the tub.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 10:22:58 AM »
Maybe Mark will show that he can do more with it than Seb could?  You never know...
 :DntKnw: :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »

The chassis they are putting Mark in was a winner earlier in the season, so with the slight damage they have identified and repaired it should be just as fast. I presume given a choice of a repair to the car he flipped and shunted into the barrier at high speed in Valencia, or a slightly reworked past winner, Mark has taken the more obvious choice.

I just wonder what name he will give the car after the British GP, will it be 'Mark's Honeybun', or 'Vettel's £***ing Mare'? :D

Like other teams, I'm sure RBR only build a certain number of chassis, there are no T cars anymore and so only build new ones when a crash puts the car beyond safe repair. They probably only have one spare at present because of the amount of damage their cars have had this year, with the cost cutting they are all into now they are not going to build cars that never race.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »

The chassis they are putting Mark in was a winner earlier in the season, so with the slight damage they have identified and repaired it should be just as fast. I presume given a choice of a repair to the car he flipped and shunted into the barrier at high speed in Valencia, or a slightly reworked past winner, Mark has taken the more obvious choice.

I just wonder what name he will give the car after the British GP, will it be 'Mark's Honeybun', or 'Vettel's £***ing Mare'? :D

Like other teams, I'm sure RBR only build a certain number of chassis, there are no T cars anymore and so only build new ones when a crash puts the car beyond safe repair. They probably only have one spare at present because of the amount of damage their cars have had this year, with the cost cutting they are all into now they are not going to build cars that never race.

As we know from Button's proceedings, Brawn built 6 chassis, on a shoe string budget.  Presumably bigger teams might build 8 or 10 over the course of a season?

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 05:00:13 PM »
I thought RB worked on the goldilocks principle when it came to chassis's, the only build 3 for each driver. Ones too fragile, the other is too slow, the third one is just right....

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »
I'm sure they're making chassis (what IS the plural of chassis?) as fast as they can, and he'll get the next new one. {Jericoke - 9 posts ago}

The plural of chassis is...

(drum roll)

...chassis! Jeri, you got it spot on!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle