collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 547
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Webber:not a happy camper  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Dare

Webber:not a happy camper
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »

Red Bull home|
News|
Features|
Photos|
Drivers Drivers Sebastian VettelMark Webber|
HistoryBritish Grand Prix
Webber remains angry with Red Bull decision
ESPNF1 Staff
July 11, 2010 « Hamilton admits Webber was unbeatable .As delighted as he was with his win at Silverstone, Mark Webber was clearly still far from happy with his team after weekend which ends with major concerns over the relationship between him and Sebastian Vettel.

Webber could not resist a dig at his team as he crossed the line- "Not bad for a No. 2" - and in front of photographers he and Vettel later exchange the briefest of handshakes.

Hopes the victory would have calmed him down were clearly overoptimistic as he told the BBC he "would never have signed a contract for next year if I believed that was the way going forward".

"I was disappointed. We will see how it goes in the future, I will keep doing what I am doing and I hope it is enough. I've had a few hurdles in my career, sometimes privately as well, so I think you can judge a person's character by how they come back from adversity. Some drivers have that, I've had a bit more than others.

"It can work but obviously it is not how long is a piece of string. You have to make sure it is not constantly happening because it can test you too much but if the balance is right it can put some fuel on the fire."

He said the team would sit down once the dust had settled and talk things through. "Yesterday I wasn't happy, clearly, and I am sure we will have some pretty decent chats. Today went well for me and that's it."

As for the decision to give Vettel the wing yesterday, he said it should not have happened. "I wasn't massively in favour of [it] but that is the way it goes sometimes. Some of the drivers offered me front wings on the parade lap from their cars but I said stick with what I've got. Seb didn't."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.
 Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Webber:not a happy camper
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »
Good for him.  He should get Flavio to hammer on Horner a bit.  Sort out exactly what and what not, was in his contract.  I agree 100% with Lonny that if Vettel broke his front wing in practice, then that is his tough luck.  Maybe if they had made Vettel put on the old model, Vettel would learn not to break the new pieces in the future.

Seriously, I don't really blame this one on Vettel except that he is being a small man by letting them take Mark's front wing for him to use.  But all in all, Vettel hasn't performed any better than Mark this season, therefore there is no reason he should be treated better.  If he was ahead of Mark in the points before, it wasn't by much.  Now that Mark is ahead, he should also not be treated better than Vettel (for strategy and parts that is), but certainly not worse.

As it has also already been said, I wonder if Horner is simply the mouthpiece of RBR, and that decisions are coming from higher up.  I doubt we'll ever know, especially as long as Marko doesn't appear to be talking to the press about this one.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »
I just watched the tape delay broadcast here in the States. David Hobbs said that RBR insiders told him that the orders came from higher up. He said that even Horner "can't stand up against the Austrians."

Vettel will have many other chances to get a WDC. This is Webber's year. He's earned it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:04:02 PM »
Vettel will have many other chances to get a WDC. This is Webber's year. He's earned it.

Remains to be seen if he has actually 'earned it', but I certainly agree that it is Webber's only, and last chance to win the WDC.  He should fight like crazy to get everything from RBR so he can have that chance.

In a sense, you'd think the Austrians would see that.  Webber is way hungrier for the title than Vettel.  Vettel will probably win a couple, maybe next year, maybe the year after. 

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »

Remains to be seen if he has actually 'earned it', but I certainly agree that it is Webber's only, and last chance to win the WDC.  He should fight like crazy to get everything from RBR so he can have that chance.

In a sense, you'd think the Austrians would see that.  Webber is way hungrier for the title than Vettel.  Vettel will probably win a couple, maybe next year, maybe the year after. 

well, Vettel winning a WDC is not a "given" in my view; he has had the fastest car this year and if he was as good as everyone says he is then why is he not leading the WDC by a huge margin?

and his team mate is leading him.

given equal machinery, I'll go for KUBICA or ROSBERG to kick SV's butt too. I consider seb thinks it is  just a matter of time too and that attitude will cost him.

IMO he is not hungry or smart enough and seems to be content to hide behind some powerful backers' influences.

just my opinion is all.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »
Vettel is letting his arrogance through...especially in the last paragraph.  I'm sure Mark knows why he was behind Vettel in the races he was behind as well.  I'm sure he sleeps well too.  Especially now that he's leading Vettel.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85247

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle