collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 230
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Domenicali suggests solution for questionable overtakes  (Read 607 times)

Offline Jericoke

Domenicali suggests solution for questionable overtakes
« on: July 20, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »
I was half expecting him to suggest that 'red gets the right of way'.

I think his point makes sense though:  all other sports require a penalty be issued right away, why not in motor sports?  Could you imagine offside being called after the ball has changed possession twice? (Like how I came up with an example that works for American and European members?)

After the race I joked that an inquiry would be opened.  Guess I have to understand that Formula One, fundamentally, is a joke.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/239209/domenicali-suggests-solution-for-questionable-overtakes/

From GPUpdate.net

“We will discuss an amendment to regulation: if the race stewards are not involved within three or four corners of the incident, the manoeuvre should be considered okay.”

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Domenicali suggests solution for questionable overtakes
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 07:38:37 PM »

Yeah alright let's have a rule for questionable overtakes when there is doubt as to whether or not a car went completely off the track. However when a driver clearly has all four wheels off the track, as Alonso did at the last race, there is no question he must give the place back, so all the posturing in the world ain't gonna change it Stephano. In fact even the article refers to Alonso cutting the corner.

All that will happen is that the stewards will declare the relevant car under investigation quicker and then the punishment will be handed down by them in their own sweet time.  :P This could backfire on teams because once it is under investigation the teams dare not simply give the place back as the stewards judgement may be different, likewise this will cause the stewards to impose a drive thru as the contestant has gained a place and not given it back in good time. Drivers know when they have passed a car whilst off the track and the rule is very clear, how about a bit of honesty from you and your driver Mr Domenicali.  :P

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle