collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 251
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16166 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12999 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Webber did not want new wing, says engineer  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Dare

Webber did not want new wing, says engineer
« on: July 21, 2010, 02:50:24 AM »

ESPNF1 Staff
July 20, 2010 « Vettel backs Schumacher return | Rain forecast for Hockenheim » 

More he said she said

The Red Bull front wing at the centre of the team-mate dispute © Sut
 Mark Webber Teams:Red Bull An unnamed 'senior engineer' at Red Bull said that Mark Webber did not find the new front wing any more effective than the old one and only wanted it back when there was one left.

The team official confessed he was surprised that Webber made a commotion when team-mate Sebastian Vettel was given his new-specification wing prior to qualifying for the British Grand prix.

"Throughout the period when he used the new wing, he complained that it did not work any better than the old one," the engineer told Finland's Turun Sanomat.

"Mark simply did not get a good feeling with it, but when there was only one left, Mark absolutely wanted to have it. He did not care about it at all when we still had two new wings."

The engineer added that Vettel 'immediately liked' the new wing when he ran it in practice.

"We believe that the team management's decision was well-reasoned and logical."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline The Cat

Re: Webber did not want new wing, says engineer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:51:18 AM »
Hmmm

So if that was the case, then why did Horner make the comments he originally made about it being a championship decision.

If he had just come out and said "we gave it to Seb because Mark said he wasnt noticing as much of a difference and we wanted to give it to the driver who actually felt it made a difference"

Then none of this would have happened.

This smacks to me of......

Helmut Marko "Turun, I need you to do me a favour"
Turun "Whats that boss?"
Helmut "We'll theres a reporter coming in later on, I need you to say this........."
I was Mclaren when i was born, I'll be Mclaren when I die!

Offline Jericoke

Re: Webber did not want new wing, says engineer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 12:22:40 PM »
Actually, Horner did say in the first place, that the wing offered no improvement.  At that point the question was 'why change it at all'?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle