collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 590
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Honda to fight for the championship  (Read 1050 times)

davewilson

Honda to fight for the championship
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:02:25 PM »
Honda Racing F1 are gunning for the title in 2007, with Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello in a good position to take wins, according to Gil de Ferran, the teams Sporting Director.

"Both Jenson and Rubens are in a position to fight for the championship," said de Ferran at the Autosport International Show. "The fact that they are with us for a second season is a positive, and for a second season together is a positive - they learn each other.

"Rubens learned how the team operate and, as you saw, our performance in the latter part of the year was a team well coordinated, I would say, and hopefully this will carry on."

Speaking of his drivers, de Ferran, a long time supporter of Jenson Button, heaps more praise on the Briton. "Jenson today is certainly one of the top F1 drivers on the grid and a very accomplished driver, a very experienced driver. He has got it all. He is aggressive, fast, knows how to deal with the team and understands the car very well. His level is very high indeed.

"I think that weekend (Hungary) will stay in my mind for a long time as the weekend that all the people were able to see the abilities that we could see in Jenson," he added, talking of Button's maiden win in August.

"I guess when you work with the guy all the time, you look at his data and what he does in the car, I gained a greater admiration for Jenson the closer I got to him. I saw the way he drove the car and his attitude to the team and so Hungary was the opportunity to show to the world what he could do as a driver. And hopefully in the future he will have more opportunity."

Button saw of the competition from his then new team mate, Rubens Barrichello, but de Ferran is sure that the Brazilian will improve in 2007.

"He had a lot of things to adapt to when he moved to our team," explained Gil. "The tyres were very different to what he was used to, many of the systems in the car were very different to what he was used to, but he brought a lot to the team.

"He is a very fast driver. Rubens is a driver who knows exactly what he needs to be quick, so he was precise with the engineers about what was needed to help and improve.

"He is a fantastic driver and a driver who has driven for some great teams, Ferrari first and foremost."

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle