collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 537
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: McLaren presnts the MP4-22 in Valencia  (Read 2189 times)

davewilson

McLaren presnts the MP4-22 in Valencia
« on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:52 PM »
McLaren was the third team to launch its 2007 car when it presented the MP4-22 at the Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias in Valencia, Spain on January 15th. The first pictures of the car will not be available until later this afternoon when drivers Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton will display it at a special demonstration on a street circuit around the launch venue.

McLaren, now officially Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, claims the design philosophy for the MP4-22 features 'advanced engineering concepts' and 'novel aerodynamic solutions'. Development began even before last season's car was on the race track and areas such as safety, engine homologation and tyres all influenced the design of the new chassis.

"Inevitably people can look at our performance last season and be able to criticise us and frankly, we didn't do a good enough job," said CEO Martin Whitmarsh. "My feeling, having been at this point of the season on many occasions before, is highly optimistic for 2007."

"We are devoid of the tyre competition that we have had in recent years; however we are very happy with our relationship with Bridgestone and their technical approach. We have been working hard on the engineering package and believe we have made good progress to improve our performance."

World champion Alonso, who had one day behind the wheel with McLaren during December testing, is eager to get going in the new car. The team will have its first test of the year starting next week. "The anticipation is massive, it has been a long time waiting for this moment!" The Spaniard exclaimed.

"There are a lot of new things to take into account this year, not just my new team but changes to the regulations and the switch to Bridgestone Potenza tyres. So we have a lot to do, there are many things I have to learn from Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and them about me also. I cannot wait to get my hands on the car and start this process."

"After winning the last two Championships you cannot arrive at the first race in 2007 hoping to be on the podium or in the points, you need to be the best. It is for this reason that I switched to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes as we have the same targets for 2007. We both want to be World Champions, I hope to have a car to become Champion and I hope to help the team to take the Constructors' title as well."

Rookie Hamilton is under a lot of scrutiny as he prepares to make his debut alongside Alonso but the 22 year-old Brit is ready for the challenge. "Growing up I always dreamed of racing for McLaren and now, I am," he said. "The thought of racing and working with my teammates is a great feeling, to be driving a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is literally surreal."

"I have been able to watch the development and progress of the new car in the wind tunnel and have been extremely impressed by how hard everybody has been working to get the car ready to challenge for championships in 2007… My aim is always to win but as it is my debut season, I will be working hard to learn as much as possible from Fernando and the whole Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team."

Team principal and McLaren CEO Ron Dennis commented: "McLaren and Mercedes-Benz have enjoyed a very strong relationship for the past 12 years and we are now looking forward to a successful future as Vodafone McLaren Mercedes. We all want to win but how we win has always been very important to us and this value will remain the driving force behind our new partnership."

"In parallel we have developed a brand strategy which we hope will capture and project the youthful and dynamic spirit of the new team. In Fernando and Lewis we have two of the most exciting and talented drivers in Formula One. They both have great potential to inspire others to push hard to achieve their dreams."

Alonso is scheduled to shakedown the MP4-22 at Valencia on Wednesday 17th then he and Hamilton will undertake McLaren's first full test from January 24th to 26th, also at Valencia.

No photographs were available at time of post

The Stig

Offline romephius

Re: McLaren presnts the MP4-22 in Valencia
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:32:31 PM »
Pictures are available on the F1 website

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:03:20 AM »

Fernando Alonso and new British mate Lewis Hamilton entertained a crowd of more than 100,000 locals by powering their F1 cars around a floodlit street circuit surrounding Valencia's futuristic Arts and Sciences complex.

In a show broadcast live on Spanish television, artistes from the world-renowned Cirque du Soleil then performed on stage before a barrage of fireworks lit up the night sky as the MP4-22 car was finally unveiled.

Singapore-born violinist Vanessa-Mae brought the proceedings to a close with a solo performance after midnight for a VIP audience including Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

"Today is really about not just showing the car and the drivers but more about our effort to practically demonstrate the commitment to Formula One," team boss Ron Dennis told reporters before the launch.

"Don't see it as just a glitzy way to reveal a car. People wanted a dynamic Formula One that reached out, this is our effort to satisfy that need."

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

davewilson

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »
The Car looks great...it is interesting to see the front spoiler design, on the Wizard picture.
It looks a new concept to me?To get maximum airflow into the side pods

Any views?

The Stig

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:22:51 AM by The Stig »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle