collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 278
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16168 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13004 Posts
John S John S
11287 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Rubens: Schumi didn't apologise personally  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Dare

Rubens: Schumi didn't apologise personally
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »
RB says it's all about forgiveness,so forgive and
stop whining

Rubens Barrichello has revealed that Michael Schumacher did not apologise to him personally after he almost pushed him into the wall during the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Schumacher came under heavy criticism for his dangerous move and was slapped with a post-race penalty.

In a statement on his website, the German said: "I obviously wanted to make it difficult for him to overtake me and I also showed him clearly that I did not want to let him past, but obviously I did not want to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he feels this way, then sorry, that was not my intention."

Barrichello, though, says his former Ferrari team-mate didn't bother to say sorry personally.

"Life is about respect for others and forgiveness," he is quoted in Globesporte.

"I found out about his apology in the press. I received no phone call. I have no regrets. Now it's time to move on. Yes, I have my opinion about the incident, but I will remain quiet. We can't afford to show any animosity towards each other on the track because we could end up hurting each other."

Williams driver Barrichello says he would've taken a different approach to Schumacher during the overtaking manoeuvre.

"I would have chosen a line and closed the door early," he said. "I only chose the inside line because he gave the space to me."

The 38-year-old Formula One veteran admits there is no love lost between him and Schumacher.

"I have great respect for his Championships, but I have no great desire to have him as a friend," he is quoted in Estadao.com.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Rubens: Schumi didn't apologise personally
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »

Funny how Rubens is quoted as saying this "Yes, I have my opinion about the incident, but I will remain quiet." and than continues to prattle on about the incident.  :stop:

Let it go Rubens, have you learnt nothing from your previous years bouts of whingeing? 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:33:26 PM »

Funny how Rubens is quoted as saying this "Yes, I have my opinion about the incident, but I will remain quiet." and than continues to prattle on about the incident.  :stop:

Let it go Rubens, have you learnt nothing from your previous years bouts of whingeing?  

Thought the same thing myself as I was reading this John. Take the fact that you've at least beat the Stig and move on Rubens!  :D
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
Take the fact that you've at least beat the Stig and move on Rubens!  :D

He should be as proud of that as any F1 achievements.   :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

seenathkumar

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:39:58 PM »
I think he need to give a personal apology

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »
I agree with you, seenathkumar, but Schumi would never, ever do that.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »
Rubinho is a whinger, we know that, but in this situation I think he has a point.  But still, his history makes it hard to see when he is right!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »
I agree with you, seenathkumar, but Schumi would never, ever do that.

I imagine that if they bump into each other at some point, Schumie might grumble a 'no hard feelings'.  But how often do non podium F1 drivers on different teams really run into each other off track?  It's not like they hang out in the garage, and given their past, I doubt they dine together.

So, at this point, they probably haven't actually been face to face for an apology to happen.

I hate to give Schumie the benefit of the doubt, but... a personal apology, face to face, would have to wait for Spa anyway.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 07:58:14 AM »
Actually there's quite a poker club with 6 or 7 drivers, but I don't think Schumi is invited.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline rmassart

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 09:36:46 AM »
Personally, I still don't feel Schumi was in the wrong. Admittedly I have not had a chance to view the scene with enough footage of what happened leading up to incident. But from the footage I have seen (roughly after they come out of the corner) I don't see Schumi changing lines or weaving or anything. He chose his direction (roughly leading to the pit straight exit) well before Rubens pulled out. In my books it is then up to Rubens to find a way passed and not hope Schumi changes direction. Schumi never crossed the white line and I believe if the other side of the line was simply a run off area no one would have been bothered. I still feel Rubens was trying to overtake where there was no space.

I am by no means a Schumi fan and most people on this board (which I highly respect) seem to think Schumi was mad. So I believe I must be missing something. Has anybody got a link to some decent footage on this?

And I believe Schumi feels the same as he has never truly apologised just stated that he's sorry if others were offended. Which is a little different to admitting you are in the wrong.

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 12:41:44 PM »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
All I can add to this is that it was lucky noone was exiting the pitlane at that moment.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
All I can add to this is that it was lucky noone was exiting the pitlane at that moment.

I'm sure that Brawn and Schumacher are still on the ball enough to know where all the cars are on the track.

That was one of the tricks they were so good at with Ferrari.

Offline rmassart

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »
Thanks for the link Dare. I don't see how that can be construed as Schumi pushing Rubens into the wall. There's virtually no space to Schumi's right as it is when Rubens pulls out.  He should have pulled out to his left. There was no gap to the right. That's how I interpret it. I don't see Schumi pulling further right after Rubens makes his move. It's up to Rubens to find a way round Schumi, not Schumi to get out of his way.  In fact I think Rubens misreads the track. It curves to the left just at the point where Rubens pulls out. Leaving him with even less space to make his move.

I repeat I am absolutely no Schumi fan, but I can't see how his driving was dangerous. For me it's Rubens who's at fault for going for a non existent space. I know I am in a minority with this view, but the footage above to me does not make Schumi out to be dangerous.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 04:40:41 PM »
I must say, I've kept silent on this issue as it was like a witch hunt immediately afterwards and I felt biting my tongue was the thing to do at the time.

While pushing Rubens to the absolute limit as far as giving him room, I wasn't all that perturbed by the move. He got a 10 place grid penalty...fine with me. Rubens barely if at all had to lay a tyre into the dirt. If you watch Rubens' onboard footage you can clearly see that any dirt he may have kicked up was already slightly on the track.

As Jeri pointed out a couple of hours ago "I'm sure that Brawn and Schumacher are still on the ball enough to know where all the cars are on the track."

I'm no Schumi lover myself but by the same token, I'm certainly not a Schumi hater either. Had this been any other driver I doubt it would have gotten the press and the posts it has!
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle