collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 548
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 veterans enjoy Super Aguri run  (Read 1175 times)

davewilson

F1 veterans enjoy Super Aguri run
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:41:06 PM »
Super Aguri team principal and ex-Formula One driver Aguri Suzuki invited two other former Grand Prix drivers Martin Brundle and Christian Danner to drive the SA06 on Monday around the daunting Silverstone circuit. Thankfully there were no incidents and Suzuki along with Brundle and Danner, who were trying out the car as part of their TV work, all enjoyed the run.
"Our event today was really great fun! It has been 13 years since I last drove at Silverstone and I enjoyed it very much," Suzuki said.

"I realised, however, that racing with this kind of car was not for me anymore and I am happy to be a Team Principal. My job now is to encourage young people to race and also reach the pinnacle of motorsport."

"We're very appreciative of the great opportunity to test an F1 car on the full Grand Prix circuit at Silverstone," said ITV commetator Martin Brundle.

"It has given the ITV viewers a wonderful insight into the 2007 Honda engine, gearbox and Bridgestone Potenza tyres -- even some of the current F1 drivers haven't driven on these yet!

"We were able to obtain some very good TV pictures and sound, although I have lost my voice from shouting so hard in the cockpit. I was able to have four or five laps for myself aswell to enjoy the car and I must say that I was impressed by the SA06 car and package -- I can fully understand why Taku went so well in Brazil," he added.

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle