collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 574
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: No further penalty for Ferrari from FIA  (Read 5146 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
No further penalty for Ferrari from FIA
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:58:59 PM »
Well that's it then, F**k the fans and spectators, it's ok fix a race for $100,000.  >:( >:(  

However arrange to bowl some No Balls at a cricket Test Match and you face a criminal court as well as the cricket authorities.
 :swoon: :crazy:

The FIA has taken the decision to impose no further penalties for Ferrari's use of team orders during the German GP, according to the head of the Italian motorsport federation, Angelo Sticchi Damiani.

The governing body will however review article 39.1 in a bid to clarify it or scrap it completely and allow the use of team orders.

The Italian outfit were accused of using team orders to switch the positions of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso, handing the latter the race win.

The stewards imposed a $100,000 fine immediately after the race and referred the matter to the World Motor Sport Council - that meeting took place today.

The FIA's reasoning behind the decision not to penalise the team further is yet to be known, but the oucome is likely to infuriate fans who have accused Ferrari of fixing the result in their favour for a mere $100,000.

thef1times.com, Today at 17.36.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:03:12 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

Re: No further penalty for Ferrari from FIA
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »
Did we expect anything else John, don't forget we are talking about FERRARI, heaven help another team if they'd done that.   >:D
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Williamsfan

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Just what I expected.  Ferrari would have made an even bigger mess though had there been a punishment by dragging F1 into greater legal turmoil. 

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:16:42 PM »
I can't say I'm surprised by this outcome.

Disappointed, of course, but not surprised.   :DntKnw:

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »
"POP"...."CLINK"....."fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Hear that? It's the sound of champagne being opened and glasses being hoisted at Ferrari HQ. Just as I predicted.

Way to go F1. You just told the fans that as long as you don't say "Pull over and let your teammate pass" and instead veil the message in a poorly coded "Your teammate is faster NUDGE-NUDGE-WINK-WINK-KNOW-WHAT-I-MEAN?" that it is OK to FIX a race. $100,000 is way too small a fine to act as a deterent for ANY team in the hunt for a WDC driver.

I don't give a flying #$%# what the "gentleman's rule" used to be in F1, the rule in place at the moment is black-and-white; "NO TEAM ORDERS". Ferrari has violated that rule in such a cavalier and cocky manner that this looks very bad for F1.

What a bunch of wankers!

ps - I'll add that the message would be the same from me no matter the team.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:16:58 AM by Canada Darrell »
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:26 PM »
 :good: 100%
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline judy

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 02:20:31 AM »
I am certainly not surprise at all, considering the FIA president is their former team principal.  :crazy:

The fact is team orders is against the FIA regulation but why no penalty is imposed on Ferrari, just because they threatened to sue FIA? This is a big joke!  >:D

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 03:26:30 AM »
As was said before, every team will add $100K to the budget and bring a check to each race. Case closed. >:(

Lonny
Lonny

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 04:08:52 AM »
ten bucks say's alonso wins the championship by 5 points...

Way to screw the fans FIA

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 06:32:39 AM »

Hey guys and gals - FERRARI IS Formula 1 and ever since the 1950's, [when Enzo himself bullied the FIA and race promoters like Le Mans with threats of withdrawing], has always threatened using this tactic.

...and I guess it always will as it too obviously works, until someone has the cajones to disqualify them

...but did ya really expect the FIA under jean TODT to do that?

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Williamsfan

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 09:17:10 AM »
I am not surprised to see animosity towards Ferrari and the FIA boiling over here once more.  It is embarrassing really given what has gone on in recent years in terms of how other teams have been punished.  Renault had members of their team banned, McLaren had a severe financial penalty.  Ferrari had $100,000 which I am sure will be covered easily by their end of season prize money.  I am aware that the McLaren and Renault incidents were different and bad in their own way, but Ferrari clearly brought the sport into disrepute. 

Now, I almost hope that another team makes such a blatant team order call in the remainder of the season so we can see what happens to them.  Certainly the FIA will have no legs to stand on if they take any other teams to the cleaners.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 11:36:13 AM »

Now, I almost hope that another team makes such a blatant team order call in the remainder of the season so we can see what happens to them.  Certainly the FIA will have no legs to stand on if they take any other teams to the cleaners.

The teams may make the call WF, but will the drivers obey?

Not sure that Lewis, Jens, Mark or Sebastion will view it quite as simply as a Ferrari driver has to.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »
I agree at the moment no driver would allow it, but let's see later in the season if anyone driver really is out of the title and gets such a blatant call to move over for the good of the team!  Anyway, I actually don't want it to happen other than for a morbid sense of curiosity as to what would happen to that team.  Double standards of F1 etc! 

Online cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
Some drivers, like Massa or Petrov, aren't in a position to say no. Besides, I'm sure that the preferred driver will get a bit faster pit stops, better tire strategies, etc.

Maybe the other teams should all show up at Monza with their cars painted red. NASCAR owner Felix Sabatas did much the same thing back in the 90's. His driver, Kyle Petty, was fined for rough driving while NASCAR was giving Earnhardt a free hand. Sabatas showed up at the next race with his car painted Earnhardt's signature black.

Of course, NASCAR fined him for it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 05:33:56 PM »
Jean Todt has said there is not enough evidence to prove team orders if that is the case then what were they fines for? :DntKnw:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle