collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 575
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes & Zeroes Monza  (Read 4612 times)

David

Heroes & Zeroes Monza
« on: September 12, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »
I suppose with an emphatic win for my team on home soil I should start this thread.

Heroes

Ferrari - Back to their winning ways and on home soil.

Alonso - Fantastic weekend all round and a very well deserved win.

Massa - Played the perfect rear gunner this weekend, and even managed to give the then championship leader something to run into.

Button - Excellent weekend on a different strategy to everyone else, and a proper gentleman.

Webber - Poor start again but a fantastic drive through the field to yet more points.

Rosberg - Nice drive mixing it with the big boys again.

Zeroes

Hamilton - 2007 esq? You blew the race and your championship lead.

The Hulk - Hit more speed bumps than a city center joy rider. Great finish all the same.

Schumacher - Out classed again by young Nico again.

Ian & Scott - Where was the GP Wizard banner??

Williamsfan

Re: Heroes & Zeroes Monza
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:19:08 PM »
Heroes:

Ferrari- Got it right today with their strategy and set up Alonso for a good win.  Good to see Massa coming in 3rd as well. 

Button- Big fat rear wing but a second place finish.  Good to see that conventional thought can sometimes be challenged so effectively. 

Vettel- A very quiet drive but somehow ended up 4th, although he was helped considerably by Hulkenberg. 

Zeroes:

Hamilton- You don't win the race on the first lap etc etc...  His own fault but he didn't have the best time in quali either.

Hulkenberg- I think this was by far his worst race in terms of eratic driving and he really should have been punished.  But hey, a points finish is a points finish and I'm not going to moan too much :D

Whoever at HRT who let Yamamoto's car go whilst a mechanic was still working around the cockpit.

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:39:44 PM »
heros

Alonso-proved to me he's the best driver in F1 :tease:

Button-showed again he was better than his years at
           BAR and Honda

Massa-quietly gets the job done

zeros

Hamilton-still too many rookie mistakes

stewards-should Nico have been punished?I think so

Vettel-shows to me he's selfish and no team player

Red Bull-are they still up to behinds the scenes no good

Ian and Scotty-not even a little GPWizard streaking across
                       the finish line,you two could have made
                       history
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:40:28 AM »
Heroes: Alonso, Button, Massa. The podium finishers all drove superbly.

Ferrari's pit crew. OK they were average for Massa (sandbagging?)
           But they got Alonso the win with a killer stop.

Zeroes: Hamilton. He had no chance of passing Massa there and surely should
            have exercised a bit of caution.

Hulkenberg. Why wasn't he punished for cutting the chicane? That
            seems like a no brainer to me. He cut the chicane to prevent
            Webber from passing. :DntKnw:

McLaren pit crew. Not the first time this year these boys have blinked
            but the most clearly costly failure.

Lonny       
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
Heroes:

Ferrari: Good showing at their home track.

Alonso: Good comeback after a bad start (see below)

Webber: Same as Alonso

Button: Drove a good race

Zeroes:

Alonso: Lost the lead at the start when he tried a Schumacher Chop.  :sick:

Hulkenburg: "Chicanes? What chicanes?"

The Stewards: "Chicanes? What chicanes?"

Lotus: What should a team do when the gearboxes constantly blow up? Replace the engine, of course!  :crazy:

Special WTF Award - Red Bull: What was up with waiting until the last lap to pit Vettel?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Williamsfan

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
Personally Cos, I think chicanes are vastly overrated, it is far more fun to cut them off!   

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »
Heros

Webber, his start and first lap were appalling but he proved with paitience and skill you can overtake for position, I hope Vettel takes note how it should be done. Brilliant save of championship points from Mark in an otherwise terrible race.

Button for having the bottle to use settings that should not work and for acheiving much more than his car was worth on the day.

Ferrari for putting the fastest car on the track for Monza, however the poor start and team orders stopped Massa from attacking properly for a one/two finish (he could have pitted earlier than McLaren the gap was huge to 4th place). Shame Alonso tried to squeeze Jens off the line, if he had got on with his own race he might not have needed to put in so much hard work for the win. This made a good race for us watching so it's in the heros.

Red Bull, whoever called that last lap trye strategy for Vettel should get a bonus, if your driver just can't pass other cars without a tangle then let him run faster on a clear track to make places  :D - what a stroke of genius from someone.  :yahoo:

Zeros

Bridgestone - what gives with the tyres when you can run an entire race on the softs. I reckon as it's their last year they are saving money by only making one sort of tyre and just sticking green hoops on some and not others.  :P

Lewis - what is there to say.  :o  Perhaps the pressure of his teamate out qualifying him payed on his mind enough to cause him to make the rookie mistake, might turn out to be a very expensive error at season end. 

Sutil for going into the gravel extraction business on the first lap wrecking his race which led to me losing points in the GG.  :-[

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »
Personally Cos, I think chicanes are vastly overrated, it is far more fun to cut them off!   

I don't like them, either. I'd love to see that mess in the middle of the Mulsanne disappear forever!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline gato

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 07:10:16 PM »
Only Massa is my heroe at Monza and he did great job that he became 3rd. ;) It was surprise that Hamilton drove into sand, now he can say goodbye for his dreams of championships. Now there are only distant places where they race (Singapore etc). Korea's track is not ready yet? They must skip that race, next year there are 20 races. What are new tracks next season??
La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerà. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

David

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »

Ferrari for putting the fastest car on the track for Monza, however the poor start and team orders stopped Massa from attacking properly for a one/two finish (he could have pitted earlier than McLaren the gap was huge to 4th place). Shame Alonso tried to squeeze Jens off the line, if he had got on with his own race he might not have needed to put in so much hard work for the win. This made a good race for us watching so it's in the heros.

I seen no sign of teams orders yesterday.  :confused:

Didn't look like Massa was playing the orders game rubbing wheels with Alonso on the first corner. Just a pity he couldn't keep up the flashes of pace he showed throughout the race.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »
What are new tracks next season??

Next year's new track will be in Delhi, India.

― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »

I seen no sign of teams orders yesterday.  :confused:

Didn't look like Massa was playing the orders game rubbing wheels with Alonso on the first corner. Just a pity he couldn't keep up the flashes of pace he showed throughout the race.

Do we really think Massa would have been left in front of Nando if he had managed to get there?   ::) 

Now all I'm saying is in view of the last row over swapping positions in Germany why would Ferrari risk the chance of Felippe ending up in the lead of the race by using the obvious tactic of switching him onto the hard tyres earlier than Button. If they really were trying for a one/two finish, in whatever order it fell, it was a no brainer IMHO to pull Massa in first, the only possible risk was Massa could end up leading the race.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »
Ian and Scotty-not even a little GPWizard streaking across the finish line,you two could have made history

I had the website all over my body in greasepaint, and was going to hop the fence, but Ian held me back and told me to behave.  Sorry...he's such a do-gooder -yeesh!
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
Heroes:

Button for showing Lewis how to finish the first lap.

Alonso for showing he clearly deserved to win.  

Massa for not making any mistakes and keeping up (mostly) to Button and Alonso.

Zeroes:

Red Bull for spoiling Webber's race by giving a 'no strategy' strategy to Webber and then thinking of something more interesting for Vettel.  As it's been said, there is still something going on behind the scenes at RBR, and it has more to do with Vettel than Webber, even though Webber is leading.

Hulkenberg for spoiling Webber's race, even if he had every right to.

The guy at HRT holding the lollypop.

The organizers at Monza for not telling me that they had figured out how to get thousands of people back to Milan in such a short period of time.  I had to kill almost 2hrs waiting for my train home after bolting from the track during the podium ceremony...I would have liked to spend more time after the race at the track instead of rushing back to Milan.  Next time I'll just spend another night.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:32:21 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

seenathkumar

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »
Jenson is the actual hero of the Italian GP as it was the just matter of second at 36 of the 53 laps.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle