collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 619
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Rumour gives Schumi and Nico new race engineers next year  (Read 600 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Rumour gives Schumi and Nico new race engineers next year
« on: November 03, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »

At least both are mentioned as getting a change, scotching any claims of favouritism. Might be a help to both drivers, Nico as he could be re-united with his old Williams mechanic, and Michael might benefit from a changed input on race strategy. This year Michael seems not to have got the best from his race strategy, a race engineer plays a large part in this process.

Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg will both work with new race engineers next year, according to a report.

Eurosport's French portal reports that seven-time World Champion Schumacher, who is working alongside Andy Shovlin this year, will team up with Mark Slade in the 2011 season. Former McLaren engineer Slade is currently working with Vitaly Petrov at Renault.

Rosberg, meanwhile, will be reunited with Tony Ross. The duo worked together at Williams.

Other reshuffles at the Brackley-based outfit next year could see Shovlin taking up another engineering role while team principal Ross Brawn and Mercedes motorsport boss will reportedly take a few steps back in the day-to-day running of the team.

Planetf1.com, Today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Rumour gives Schumi and Nico new race engineers next year
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:29:05 PM »

team principal Ross Brawn and Mercedes motorsport boss will reportedly take a few steps back in the day-to-day running of the team.

I'm not sure what that means.  Does that mean he will be MORE involved, or is he taking a few steps 'back'?  Bloody Journalists should learn to be more concise.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »
As far as I understood from Dutch sites, Brawn will be less concerned with the team as he is now, so he is pulling at least one hand off the team. Don't know about a new teamboss, though. Don't know either about the roll of Haug, or will he be the new chief.

Any way, as I said, as far as I know, Brawn will take a step back and concentrate more on the car and its development, and less on running the team.
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:32:39 AM »
Too bad, as he is the master of strategy, but there is less of that now, so perhaps it is better that he spends more time in the factory.  I'm sure his wife will be pleased to have him around a bit more too. :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle