collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 571
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel: Alonso has yet to congratulate me  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Dare

Vettel: Alonso has yet to congratulate me
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
What's his problem?Did he go to the same public relations
scholl as Barrichello.If your like me you like happy people
not moaners

Although Fernando Alonso did say congrats in his post-Abu Dhabi press release, Seb Vettel has revealed that the Spaniard has yet to say it personally.

Vettel beat Alonso to the 2010 World Championship at the final hurdle in Abu Dhabi, winning the grand prix to take the title by four points ahead of the Spaniard.

Since then it's been a wirlwind week for the 23-year-old, who has been to Austria, England, back to Abu Dhabi for a two-day Pirelli test and then on to his hometown of Heppenheim in Germany.

And although he spent the two-day Pirelli test in the same vacinity as Alonso, Vettel says the Ferrari driver never came over to congratulate him.

"He still has not congratulated me," Vettel told AFP when asked if the Alonso had contacted him.

But, Alonso's lack of personal greeting side, Vettel says this past week has been one of the most amazing of his life as he settles down to life as a Formula One World Champ.

However, he still can't quite believe that it's real even after being greeted by 15,000 screaming fans during a homecoming celebration in Heppenheim, Germany.

"I have been hoping all the time that I don't wake up from this," he said. "It's all a bit unreal for me, it seems my face was on the front page of every German newspaper.

"I find it all a bit hard to take in, because at the end of the day, I am just a normal boy."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

Re: Vettel: Alonso has yet to congratulate me
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »
Aah, bless his little cotton socks, did he want Ferdie to kiss him on the cheek and say well done.  :sick:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

David

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »
Aah, bless his little cotton socks, did he want Ferdie to kiss him on the cheek and say well done.  :sick:

:DD You know what wee uns are like mate.

Williamsfan

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »
At the very least all the drivers should bow down infront of Weltmeister Vettel!   

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 06:08:32 PM »
Aah, bless his little cotton socks, did he want Ferdie to kiss him on the cheek and say well done.  :sick:
:DD  :DD  :DD    Oh Ian, nobody could say it better.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
Obviously Button and Hamilton had opportunity to congratulate Vettel face to face.  I'm sure Schumacher took a moment to congratulate his countryman face to face as well.

When three of the last four active champions congratulate you face to face, the missing one does stick out as petulant.

But my guess is Vettel isn't complaining:  he was asked if Alonso had congratulated him, and he said 'no'.  He probably gets that goofy smile on his face everytime someone points out he's embarassed Alonso.

Offline sprite

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:46:38 AM »
Suck it up princess -  >:(

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 12:48:03 PM »
aybe Vettel better stop worrying about who congraduates him
and get to graduating Petrov.

It's a shame when a no passing track decides who win the WDC.
If only Brazil was the final race.Dump this race and Valencia
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
Absolutely...Petrov should get some of Vettel's winnings!   

:good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 02:55:44 PM »
Absolutely...Petrov should get some of Vettel's winnings!   

:good:
I think Vettel should give half his bonus to Petrov.  :swoon: :P :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :DD :DD
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 03:26:43 PM »

Right you are, Dare. What a shame that one of the most exciting F1 seasons even should end with such a processional race. The sport should be about the racing, not the pretty buildings in the background.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Williamsfan

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 03:37:33 PM »
Both races in the Middle East are dire, Bahrain was a disaster this year and Abu Dhabi is not great either.  Very little scope for overtaking.  I'd love to see Brazil close the season again, preferably with Australia opening it.  But hey, all that matters to Bernie is the $$$ brought in by the Oil states (or other governments who are keen to get a GP.  We have pay driver, maybe we ought to create a new term for tracks too?)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 05:53:38 PM »

I lament the lack of overtaking in the last race like everyone else, however all the runners knew what they had to do and all, except Vettel, let it slip from their grasp. Failure to acheive is the price you pay in any championship especially when on a knifedge in the last round.
The track was the same for everyone and Vettel simply outgunned them, he was the fastest in Quali and then got out front and stayed there, now if that's not a good way to see a championship won I don't know what is.
The big suprise for me is that neither Alonso or Webber made real do or die moves towards the backend of the race, what had they to lose? :confused:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
You've got half of your wish Williamsfan, Brazil ends the season next year, shame Australia can't open it.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »

Right you are, Dare. What a shame that one of the most exciting F1 seasons even should end with such a processional race. The sport should be about the racing, not the pretty buildings in the background.

Lets face it, Bernie is all about the glamour, because that's what he thinks attracts the high rollers that can line his pockets. He firmly believes governments should stage GPs the way they stage the Olympics. That's why I fear the classic venues are ultimately doomed. Belgium does not support Spa, Italy does not support Monza, Britian does not support Silverstone etc. Those are the tracks that generally produce the best races and they are the ones Bernie always threatens to cut.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle