collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 591
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Google eBookstore  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Wizzo

Google eBookstore
« on: December 07, 2010, 02:03:17 PM »
Touting themselves as having the largest digital bookstore in the world, the Google eBookstore is a bit different in a few ways. First, unlike Amazon, Google sells books that come in various formats and can be read on almost any device, from the iPad to your netbook or smartphone.

Second, The Google eBookstore might just be bigger than it’s competitors, with over 3 million books available with many of them free and hundreds of thousands of titles for sale. The options are certainly extensive. Cheaper? Maybe not, but it certainly seems like a generous selection.

Lastly, Google also offers a Google eBooks Web Reader, where you can buy, store and read Google eBooks in the cloud allowing you access to your ebooks like you would your messages in Gmail, using a free account with unlimited ebooks storage.

The Google eBookstore is open now, at  www.books.google.com

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Google eBookstore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 03:20:29 AM »
I know I'm an old fart, but I still prefer pages, covers and bindings with that faintly musty smell. Books in a library, what a concept.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Canada Darrell™

Re: Google eBookstore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:09:22 AM »
I recon i may have checked out one of my last analog  ;) books at the library last week. It was the latest Carl Hiaasen offering "Star Island". Reading on my iPad is simply heaven. The screen size is pretty much the same size as a book, maybe a little larger actually. Text is razor sharp and I can get every magazine I read on a regular basis, tons of books, PDF files, all my email and all my web surfing. This thing has revolutionized my day-to-day computer usage.
Getting way off topic, I can control my HTPC with a killer interface, remote in to both home computers from anywhere I get a wifi signal, do all my youtubing, control my usenet downloading and on and on. The battery life is incredible to boot.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle