collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 268
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Moss: Schumacher is flawed  (Read 607 times)

Offline Dare

Moss: Schumacher is flawed
« on: December 08, 2010, 01:13:53 PM »

I bet a lot of drivers wish they were as flawed as Michael,Moss included! ;)

Formula One legend Sir Stirling Moss has labelled seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher as being 'flawed'.

Having seen Schumacher endure a disappointing return to the sport in which he failed to achieve a podium finish and ended the season in ninth place on the Drivers' standings, Moss believes that the German's performance has damaged the image of what a World Champion should be.

"The fact he was seven-time World Champion ruins what being a World Champion is all about," said Moss.

"He is flawed. He was all over the place," the 81-year-old said of Schumacher's comeback.

Moss is of the opinion that Schumacher's dominance during his time at Ferrari is misleading because he never had a team-mate with the potential to really challenge him.

"We never saw him at his best when he had a really good driver alongside him," Moss explained.

"We never saw him in a Ferrari with a driver of similar talent really, so I think that [his number of titles] is misleading."

Schumacher's return at the age of 41 may not have gone as well as many would have hoped, and Moss does not expect matters to improve hugely next year.

"But the fact he is carrying on next year is interesting, although quite frankly, I wouldn't be worried if I was up against him" added Moss.

Conversely, former World Champion Damon Hill not only believes that Schumacher performed at an acceptable level this year but the Briton confident that the Mercedes GP driver will shine next year.

"I don't think he disgraced himself at all this year," said Hill who endured a bitter rivalry with Schumacher during his racing days.

"He showed it's hard to come back and maintain pace when you're older. He will have had things to think about I'm sure, but he will never give up. That's what defines him.

"He's a formidable competitor, and I'm sure he is going to prove everyone wrong next year," added Hill.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: Moss: Schumacher is flawed
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »
I'm sure there's a tinge of jealousy... if Moss could step into an F1 car, I'm sure he would.  Michael Schumacher might not win another race, but so what?  Even if he wasn't the best driver on the grid, he wasn't the worst (debating some of his intentionally dangerous moves I suppose).  There's always room for competent midfield drivers, whether they've won 7 championships, or will never win any, and in a sport where the drivers are expected to bring off track value, who else offers that more than Schumacher?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle