collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 587
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Neel Jani joins PKV Racing for 07  (Read 1299 times)

davewilson

Neel Jani joins PKV Racing for 07
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:45:47 PM »
PKV Racing has announced that Neel Jani will campaign a Red Bull-branded car for the team during the 2007 Champ Car World Series season. Jani, 23, a native of Jens, Switzerland, spent the 2006 season as a test driver for the Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula 1 team and competed in four GP2 races plus four A1 GP events taking the win and finishing fourth in Malaysia.

A member of the Red Bull driver development program since 2005, Jani will pilot the #21 Red Bull PKV Racing Cosworth/Panoz/Bridgestone machine this year.

"We are very excited to have a driver of Neel's calibre join PKV Racing," said PKV Racing co-owner Jimmy Vasser. "Neel has been competitive at every level during his racing career and I am looking forward to helping him through the learning curve during his inaugural Champ Car season. We are also extremely fortunate to have the support of a company like Red Bull. We feel that the combination of Neel Jani and Red Bull gives PKV Racing the opportunity to fulfil our goal of challenging for race wins and championships now and in the future."

Jani began his career karting in 1996 at age 12 continuing through 1999. In 2000, he moved into the Swiss Formula A Lista Junior Championship where he achieved his first formula car title winning eight of 12 events with four second place showings.

In 2001 and 2002, Jani competed in the Formula Renault 2000 European Championship finishing second in 2002 winning three of nine events. Jani joined the Renault V6 series in 2003 capturing four wins and 12 podiums in route to a second place showing in the European Championship. He placed fourth in the Formula V6 standings in 2004.

During the 2003 and 2004 seasons, Jani tested for the Swiss Formula 1 Sauber Petronas team. In 2005, with the backing of Red Bull, Jani competed in the GP2 series which took the place of F3000. He scored two victories (Budapest and Monza) for the Red Bull-supported Racing Engineering team and finished seventh in the championship in 2005. Having made a solid impression, Jani was named test and Friday driver for the Scuderia Toro Rosso team for the 2006 season.

"Following the 2006 season the next step in my racing career was to compete in either Champ Cars or Formula 1. Thanks to Red Bull I was given the opportunity to run in Champ Cars with PKV Racing. PKV is a very professional and competitive outfit,” Jani said. “It is a young team, but has strong management, outstanding mechanics and a solid background. I am looking forward to a competitive debut in Champ Cars and having the most successful season in the team's history."

Jani previously tested for PKV Racing December 4-5 in Houston, Texas driving last year's Lola chassis. He is scheduled to test again at Sebring International Raceway in Sebring, Florida on January 23-25.

It is good to see what eveyone is doing,and i thought dare and cosworth would like this?

The Stig
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 01:11:03 AM by The Stig »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle