collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 589
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Moss takes another swipe at Schumi  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Dare

Moss takes another swipe at Schumi
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:13:08 PM »

hmmm,Moss thinks team orders are ok but aggressive[dirty driving]
isn't.A side note  Moss 0  MS 7!!!!  I think MS's driving skills may have
had a little to do with it.

Sir Stirling Moss has taken another swipe at Michael Schumacher, saying the FIA's decision to clamp down on dirty driving will "lessen" the seven-time World Champion's chances of winning.

Motor sport's governing body, the FIA, announced stricter driving regulations earlier this month in attempt to eradicate the sport from dangerous and unsporting driving. Many believe the new rules were the result of Schumacher's run-in with old foe Rubens Barrichello at the Hungarian GP where the German nearly drove his former Ferrari team-mate up against the pit wall.

Moss, who a few weeks ago described Schumacher as "flawed" and said "he was all over the place" during the 2010 season, believes the change in rules will hit Schumacher hard.

"I see that they've done something about dirty driving and that'll probably lessen Schumacher's chances," Moss told ESPNF1. "It was disgraceful what he did at the Hungarian Grand Prix; Formula One is now one of the safest sports there is, but if somebody had been coming out of the pits at that moment it could have been a disaster."

As for the FIA's decision to lift the ban on team orders, Moss says it was a silly rule to start with.

"It's stupid that they ever had to make a ruling on it," he said. "Team orders were always there and they always will be, and I think they always should be."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Monty

Re: Moss takes another swipe at Schumi
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 01:22:52 PM »
I can't agree with the headline that Moss has taken a 'swipe' at Schumi.
Call that a swipe?

Schumi is a cheating, talentless, arrogant, cheating, dangerous, big-headed, cheating swine.
Now that's a swipe  :DD

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »
Well, on the other hand, he is not all that far from the truth. Shumi is and has always been on the edge.

But: doens't the same rules apply for Vettel, Hamilton? Twp drivers who like to find the limit of what is allowed and what not? (I say: safetycar, Hamilton  ;))
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »
Talentless, yeah, 7 WDC's, countless records, yup, that's surely talentless.  :DD  :DD  You kill me monty.  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 02:01:42 PM »
It's not a swipe if it's true. Schumi has always "gone dirty" when the chips were down. This past season was no exception.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »
 :tease:  :tease:  :tease:  :tease:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »

Talentless, yeah, 7 WDC's, countless records, yup, that's surely talentless.  :DD  :DD  You kill me monty.  :tease:

Yeah, they should strip him of his 91 wins and 68 pole positions as he clearly has no talent at all, it was all down to the car.   :DD  :DD  

I'd like to know just when F1 stopped being a tough sport and started resembling a polite formation flying display, oh but please don't tell Kobyashi it might spoil his & our fun. ;)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:42:45 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 03:21:38 PM »
Talentless, yeah, 7 WDC's, countless records, yup, that's surely talentless.  :DD  :DD  You kill me monty.  :tease:

Yeah, they should strip him of his 91 wins and 68 ploe positions as he clearly has no talent at all, it was all down to the car.   :DD  :DD   

I'd like to know just when F1 stopped being a tough sport and started resembling a polite formation flying display, oh but please don't tell Kobyashi it might spoil his & our fun. ;)

think your right John.To me the new rules counteract each other,there's
hope for more overtaking but you run the risk of being penalized for
dangerous driving if you so much as dare to attempt
a risky pass

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
I totally agree with that, Dare. It's all of Schumi's really, REALLY dirty moves, like intentionally taking out Damon Hill or parking at La Rascasse, that upset me.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »
Yeah, parking at La Rascasse, that was just plain stupid, of course no other F1 driver has ever deliberately taken out another. I still think Vettel's 'incident' in Turkey was sus.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »
I totally agree with that, Dare. It's all of Schumi's really, REALLY dirty moves, like intentionally taking out Damon Hill or parking at La Rascasse, that upset me.

Or attempting to take out Villeneuve for the championship...that one bit him back though.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Talentless, yeah, 7 WDC's, countless records, yup, that's surely talentless.      You kill me monty. 

I could take him!! :crazy:

David

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »

I'll second that Ian.  :good:

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 02:45:17 PM »

Or attempting to take out Villeneuve for the championship...that one bit him back though.

It is like Schumacher was giving lessons on how to not be a beloved public figure.  Seven time champions have to work at not being universally respected.

Certainly one of the most talented drivers of all time, but if you include 'sportsmanship' in your definition of 'best' he drops a couple of notches.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
All due respect for Mr. Moss and the legend he has become for...ummm...errrr...being British?.....surviving all those years without seatbelts?.....bedding a bevy of babes?....oh right, I forgot...all those WDC's?  :tease:

Was/is Schumi a dirty driver? Perhaps. Is he the only one? Ha! As Ian pointed out rightly "no other F1 driver has ever deliberately taken out another"....

If anything we are all indebted to Schumacher for giving us a lifetime of healthy back-and-forth chit-chat!  :P

And yes, F1 has rapidly gone down the "safety first" path with far too much zeal and has turned into a milquetoast sport where even the more mildly aggressive manuevers are subject to a spanking. Have they completely forgotten that these guys race around in ballistic missiles at 200mph?
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle