collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 184
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16165 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12995 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel will drive a Ferrari sooner or later says Luca  (Read 1941 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Vettel will drive a Ferrari sooner or later says Luca
« on: December 26, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »

Does this mean Kubica is a yesterday man for Ferrari? I'm sure Robert will not like being second choice anymore than being a number two.

Luca Di Montezemolo, Ferrari President, believes it is only a matter of time before Sebastian Vettel is seen driving a 'red' car in Formula One.

The Italian has expressed an interest in the young German on more than one occasion, but the latest comments are the most blunt and to the point, confirming Ferrari's interest in the 2010 world champion.

"Sebastian is fast, smart and young," he told German paper Express. "Sooner or later he will be driving a red car."

It's expected Ferrari will push to sign him when Felipe Massa's contract comes to an end in 2012.

Meanwhile, Red Bull team owner Dietrich Mateschitz has admitted it will be difficult to keep Vettel at the team unless they can continue to deliver a quick car, making his decision to leave a tough one.

"It's a once in a life-time dream to drive for Ferrari, but we will make leaving a difficult decision for him," the Austrian said.

It seems the youngest ever F1 champion is hot property, with McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh also expressing an interest in signing him earlier in the year.

TheF1times.com, Dec 23.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Vettel will drive a Ferrari sooner or later says Luca
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 11:35:27 PM »
Vettel is a pretty amazing talent, but what gall for Luca to assume he even wants to drive for Ferrari. Unless they had the only competitive car on the grid, I would rather race for a team that wasn't in the habit of dictating the finishing order. He would not have won the championship this year if he had been in the same position at Ferrari. They would have made him let Webber by in Korea or Brazil.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 05:22:57 AM »
Lonny, pretty much what i was thinking as i read the quotes. These guys aren't too full of themselves are they?  :tease:
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 05:49:04 AM »
It  must be the Ferrari mystique,why else would one
want to get near a Luca type?On 2nd thought being
around the Red Bull big shots it just may be a better
working atmoshere,
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 05:50:32 AM »

Does this mean Kubica is a yesterday man for Ferrari? I'm sure Robert will not like being second choice anymore than being a number two.

or it might open up a better door for kubica, Personally right now i would rather drive for Red Bull than Ferrari....

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:30 AM »

or it might open up a better door for kubica, Personally right now i would rather drive for Red Bull than Ferrari....

If they fire Massa or to rephase it ,not renew his contract why would
any top driver go there knowing Alonso is the #1 drivers,period,and
he's going to stay that way
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 05:56:54 AM by Dare »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 08:00:45 AM »
Alonso the Petulant would never have it.  If they brought in Vettel in the other car, or anyone else who might challenge him, he will be up to his antics again and probably not even last the season. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 02:16:53 PM »
I think it will happen, but far, far in the future. Ferrari is the retirement home for over-the-hill German past WDC's, aren't they?  :P
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

David

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »
Oh I hope that doesn't happen, I don't think I could learn to like Vettel. I did think the same about Alonso and I have grown to like respect tolerate him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle