collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 568
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Coulthard: I'm olding firm  (Read 1218 times)

davewilson

Coulthard: I'm olding firm
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:47:50 PM »
DAVID COULTHARD has told his critics: I’m not too old for Formula One.

The Scot will be the elder statesman after the retirement of Michael Schumacher.

But Coulthard insists it will be a disappointment if he fails to see off the young guns and add to his 13 career victories.

The Red Bull racer said: “I’ll be 36 in March but I’m some way from qualifying for my bus pass.

“I don’t see myself as the oldest guy — I see myself as the most experienced.

“Age is an issue when it physically becomes more difficult to do things or you become aware of your own mortality.”

Coulthard, speaking in Salzburg at the launch of a new sponsorship deal, has scored more points than any other Brit in his 211-race career.

He has not won since the 2003 season-opener in Australia for McLaren.

But he said: “Physically I know I’m in great shape because of the tests I do.

“OK, I have a picture of myself from my debut year in 1994 with fluffy, mousey brown hair and one from today where I’ve got flecks of grey, a few wrinkles and all the rest.

“But none of those changes affect my ability to drive a racing car.”

Don't keep telling us show us!....It is getting like an old record:You should have stayed with Williams you had it then.
This is why Hamilton will be a World Champion!..Uncle Ron will see to that!....Even jenson would not be told!....He even bought himself out to leave Franks Wisdom of the sport...........Ego before all else!

The Stig

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:02:02 AM by The Stig »

Offline Dare

Re: Coulthard: I'm olding firm
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:36:37 AM »

The only over 30 who could beat the young
    guns isn't racing this year.Really believe this
    will be the last year for David,Ruebens,and
     probably Fisi.Don't think Trulli is too far
     behind them and how Ralph hangs on
     at 20 million a year is beyond me

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

Re: Coulthard: I'm olding firm
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:13:32 AM »

Ralf Schumacher's manager Hans Mahr, has vowed to improve the Toyota racer's image.

Mahr admitted that improving Schumacher's problematic image is a "challenge". "I see Ralf as quite accessible for the fans," he said, "but in this area you can always offer more."

For example, Mahr has already pushed Ralf into appearing on the German version of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?'  :-[, and said he sees Michael Schumacher's retirement as a "new start" for F1.

"And in this era Ralf is in a comfortable position," Mahr insisted. Mahr admitted that Ralf's prickly personality has some "rough edges", and hoped that a competitive car this year will do the work for him.

"But in formula one we need some characters -- there are enough soft drivers.  :good:

"The best promotion, however, is sporting success. Everything else will follow."

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle