collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 573
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Flavio in dig at champ Alonso  (Read 1048 times)

davewilson

Flavio in dig at champ Alonso
« on: January 24, 2007, 11:59:33 PM »
RENAULT boss Flavio Briatore has told double world champion Fernando Alonso: We can succeed without you.

Alonso has defected to rivals McLaren, leaving veteran Giancarlo Fisichella, 34, and rookie Heikki Kovalainen, 25, to spearhead the revamped Anglo-French team in the new Formula One season.

But speaking at the launch of Renault’s 2007 car in Amsterdam yesterday, Briatore insisted: “This is not a one-man band. I always believe it is the team that is most important.

“We showed that with Benetton and now with Renault. We have had four championships in the past two years — two drivers’ and two constructors’ — and with a very efficient budget.

“We have lost Fernando, who was an asset, but his departure has given the team extra motivation.” Fisichella has won just twice in the last two years, yet Briatore is predicting an upturn in his form.

He added: “I believe Fisichella and Heikki are good enough to win races and make it to the podium.

“Fisichella, for me, is better this year. And I’m sure Heikki will push him

a lot. He is not under more pressure. I think when you have Fernando Alonso as your team-mate, that is more pressure.”

The Stig

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:04:25 AM by The Stig »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle