collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 562
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Fisichella sees best chance yet of F1 title  (Read 1323 times)

davewilson

Fisichella sees best chance yet of F1 title
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:21:36 AM »
Renault driver Giancarlo Fisichella said this season was surely his best chance yet of becoming Formula One world champion and he was determined not to waste the opportunity.

Fisichella's team mate will be Finnish rookie Heikki Kovalainen, who can be expected to take a few races to find his feet despite stepping into Alonso's shoes with a bright reputation as the coming man.

"Hopefully, it's not the last chance (of winning the title)," Fisichella, 34, told reporters at the launch of Renault's 2007 car Today

"Let's say maybe it's the best chance I've had in my life and I need to do it."

The last Italian to win the championship was Alberto Ascari with Ferrari in 1953.

Fisichella, whose contract with Renault runs only to the end of this year, has started the last two seasons full of optimism.

Yet, despite having a world-beating car, he has ended each campaign in the shadow of Spaniard Alonso.

With the two quickest men in Formula One, Alonso and Finn Kimi Raikkonen, adjusting to new teams, and seven times world champion Michael Schumacher retired, Fisichella can hope again.

"I'm really confident already now, especially after the test (of the new car) in Jerez," he said. "We are confident that if we have built as competitive and reliable a car as the last two years, we can do well again."

Team boss Flavio Briatore backed Fisichella to succeed.

"He has all the possibility, all the technical support," he said. "You will see that Fisico this year is better...I'm sure Heikki will push him a lot.

"Fisico has a talent to win," he added.

"I'm sure this year is the year of Fisico, because Fisichella has the talent and now I'm sure he is more relaxed in the team."

Not too relaxed we hope!

The Stig

Offline Dare

Re: Fisichella sees best chance yet of F1 title
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:11:35 AM »

This has to be Fisi's best and probably
   last chance at WC.He's my favorite
   driver and I wish him well,but I have
   my doubts   
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle