collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 548
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: FORMULA MUM  (Read 1252 times)

davewilson

FORMULA MUM
« on: January 28, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »
THE mother of British Formula 1 wonderboy Lewis Hamilton is so broke she has entered a TV competition to win tickets to see his Australian debut.

Carmen Lockhart desperately wants to cheer on Lewis - the first black F1 racer - in Melbourne in March.

But she's too proud to ask him for money. Instead, she says: "I've entered an ITV competition to win a trip. It would be great to see my son race."

Lewis, 21, from Stevenage, Herts, was signed by McClaren at the age of 13 and is tipped to be the Tiger Woods of motor-racing.

Healthcare worker Carmen, 51, insists he's not going to be distracted by girls - because he's too devoted to his girlfriend of three years, Hong Kong-born Jodia, also 21. "Jodia's a gentle, lovely girl - the sort who will help keep his feet on the ground," she says. "And Lewis isn't interested in the fake life and people who are just money-grabbers."

Carmen, who split from Lewis's father when he was two, told of her son's fight to achieve his lifelong driving dream. "He's done all sorts to fund his racing, from working in a clothes shop to bar work. But he couldn't hold down a job because he was always off racing." Lewis's dad Anthony, who is now his manager, also worked hard to make the dream come true, taking on three jobs at a time - including putting up "for sale" signs on houses for £15 ago.

Carmen, who let Anthony bring up their son, said: "He worked hard to raise money for Lewis. Without him Lewis could not have gone on."

She added: "A lot of kids have millionaire parents and they can't understand why their sons are not winning when Lewis is. But it's not all about money - it's really about talent."

Lewis now lives in a mansion with his father, stepmother Linda, 42, and brother Nicholas, who has cerebral palsy.

Carmen, who lives in Sandy, Beds, with husband Ray, 55, said: "Lewis has a racing life with his dad and his normal life when he comes over to my house. We go out for a meal or go bowling. I am his biggest fan. I am so proud of him."

The Stig

Offline romephius

Re: FORMULA MUM
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:57:04 PM »
If that story hits the Mclaren press centre, I don't think lewis' mum will have to worry about winning any competitions.  If Mclaren didn't take her as a VIP, I think they will be quite un-popular with the little people for a week or so.

But who knows maybe they don't care.

I have a feeling she will be there somehow.

davewilson

Re: FORMULA MUM
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »
romephius:
You are correct,things can only get better for her.
The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle