collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 542
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: hero's and zero's at Monaco  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Dare

hero's and zero's at Monaco
« on: May 29, 2011, 04:38:14 PM »
hero's

Vettel-is on a different level.Outdrove the field
         on spent tires.restart gave him the win

Pastor-race of his life until Hamilton ended it

Alonso-2nd was the best he could hoped for

Button-possibly  could have won except for the restart.

Zero's

rules makers-for allowing tires to be changed and cars
                   repaied before restart

Hamilton-like Vettel driving in a different level unfortually
              the rookie level

Mercedes-why do teams Mercedes own do so poorly

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: hero's and zero's at Monaco
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »
Heroes

The Monaco medical staff and marshalls - for doing a terrific job under especially trying circumstances.

Vettel - won despite having the wrong tyres on his car.

Sutil - back to his best at a track that is among his favourites.

Maldonado - deserved much more than he got. Drove with poise and skill on his first F1 trip to Monaco.

Zeroes

Hamilton - should have done what di Resta did a few minutes later and owned up to his numerous errors (which would have got him into the zeroes list by themselves). To then blame everyone else and imply discrimination on the part of the stewards is disgusting. It is very difficult to support someone who behaves like that, even if he says it was only a joke :(

Hispania - not so much for the race as for the bits leading up to it. Ill-thought out protests, slowness and severely damaged cars in free practise are bad enough, but it was having a suspension failure on starting up the car that took the biscuit for me. Luckily for them Lewis surpassed even this low level of performance in the race.

Schumacher - this is a F1 race, not dodgems. Partly forgiven because the DNF wasn't his fault and he kept his head in post-race interviews.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:11:47 PM »
Heroes:

Vettel - it's been said, but I honestly never thought Monaco could be driven on two sets of Pirelli's (ok, 3, but I'm not counting the last 6 laps, which changed tires or not, he would have made it very difficult for Alonso or Button to pass), especially one set of which did 56 laps (he pitted on lap 16).

Alonso - great start, great race.  Not quite enough to make it to the top step, but another drive that probably took the Ferrari to levels it didn't deserve to be at.

Button - (ok, top three are boring, but hey)  Mclaren could have let him out there for the win, but the team let him down, Button drove great.

Maldonado - ditto - great drive - where did that come from?

Zeroes:

Goon marshal that didn't have a clue what to do and was just walking around on the dangerous side of Massa's car until someone who read the manual waved him to the other side.

FIA for letting anything be done to the car during the red flag (I would accept tire warmers, but that's it - I would have made Hamilton finish with his bent wing, just have someone inspect it so it wouldn't fall off in front of someone else).

Hamilton for really pissing me off.  He caused everything except his rear wing problem today.  Pulling the race card just makes me fume.  Everyone went so far out of their way to show him that race had nothing to do with anything his first two years, and now as a seasoned champion, he says this??

"Out of six races, I've been to the stewards five times. It's a joke," Hamilton told the BBC. "It's an absolute frickin' joke."

When asked why he thought stewards had been paying attention to his driving this year, he joked: "Maybe it's because I'm black. That's what Ali G says. I don't know."

Hamilton said that he had not been to blame for the Massa incident, which occurred at the Loews hairpin on lap 34 as the two - and Mark Webber's Red Bull made contact.

And then this brilliant statement:

"I was quite a lot quicker than Massa," he added. "I went up the inside, and the guy turned so early and just turned into me. So I tried to go over the kerb to avoid him and we were stuck together."

For the record Lewis, I don't think two cars have gone around that corner side by side in the history of Monaco without touching.  If Massa was ahead, then it's your fault.

"I went up the inside of Maldonado and you can see on the [TV] screen that he turned in a good car length too early to stop me overtaking him and he crashed into me"

Finally - have the manhood to apologize to Maldonado for spoiling the race of his life so far.  He has every right to start a turn wherever he likes, especially if he is ahead of you in the race.  That's called defence, and you should be prepared for it, not pull your second or third kamikaze move of the race.

Grrrrrr Hamilton got me annoyed with that response.  He should have eaten some humble pie and done what he could to take the heat off - all he did was stir it up with comments like that.  I hope they pull him in to tech his car after every session for the rest of the season.   >:D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »

Hamilton for really pissing me off.  He caused everything except his rear wing problem today.  Pulling the race card just makes me fume.  Everyone went so far out of their way to show him that race had nothing to do with anything his first two years, and now as a seasoned champion, he says this??

"Out of six races, I've been to the stewards five times. It's a joke," Hamilton told the BBC. "It's an absolute frickin' joke."

When asked why he thought stewards had been paying attention to his driving this year, he joked: "Maybe it's because I'm black. That's what Ali G says. I don't know."

Hamilton said that he had not been to blame for the Massa incident, which occurred at the Loews hairpin on lap 34 as the two - and Mark Webber's Red Bull made contact.

And then this brilliant statement:

"I was quite a lot quicker than Massa," he added. "I went up the inside, and the guy turned so early and just turned into me. So I tried to go over the kerb to avoid him and we were stuck together."

For the record Lewis, I don't think two cars have gone around that corner side by side in the history of Monaco without touching.  If Massa was ahead, then it's your fault.

"I went up the inside of Maldonado and you can see on the [TV] screen that he turned in a good car length too early to stop me overtaking him and he crashed into me"

Finally - have the manhood to apologize to Maldonado for spoiling the race of his life so far.  He has every right to start a turn wherever he likes, especially if he is ahead of you in the race.  That's called defence, and you should be prepared for it, not pull your second or third kamikaze move of the race.

Grrrrrr Hamilton got me annoyed with that response.  He should have eaten some humble pie and done what he could to take the heat off - all he did was stir it up with comments like that.  I hope they pull him in to tech his car after every session for the rest of the season.   >:D

Not to defend Hamilton per se, but in the past when he was open and honest he was penalised, while he's seen other drivers (often in scarlet cars...) lie and get away with it.  It's a shame to see Hamilton get so jaded.

If it is discrimination, it has more to do with his team's owner than the colour of his skin though...

Williamsfan

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 08:45:48 PM »
Heroes:

Vettel- Top class drive again, avoided trouble and just drove very well. 

Alonso- Ditto really, didn't do anything wrong today and put in a good performance.

Maldonado- A great drive by Pastor which makes me think there is some hope for him after all.  Very, very annoyed with Hamilton for taking him out.

Zero:

Hamilton- What a horrible, horrible race followed by a disgraceful attitude (well, you could go- poor attitude, terrible race, poor attitude).  He needs to learn to lose gracefully and accept when he makes a fool of himself on track. 

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
As a Lewis fan I am unable to defend his remarks or attitude, win or loose with grace and to pull the race card requires an apology.

Hero's
Vettel for a champions drive.
Marshalls and emergency teams for a brilliant job.
Pirreli for great tyres.

Zeros
Lewis - he should fill all three positions!!
FIA for allowing so much work to be done during the red flag stoppage.
Massa for asking that Lewis receives further penalties (his tunnel shunt I feel was his own fault) no driver should want that for another driver.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 09:15:02 PM »
Heroes  Vettel
           Button

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
Heroes Vettel
          Button
          Maldonado

Zeroes Hamilton
          Who ever decide to cal Jenson in for THAT stop
           McLaren and also Red Bull pit crews (Not as sharp as usual)

David

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
Heroes

Alonso - Great weekend and a great drive, pity you didn't get the pole I tipped you for, the result may have been different.

Vettel - Can't seem to be beaten, awesome.

Button - At least McLaren have one driver they can be proud of, great drive that could have netted a better result except for circumstance.

Kobayashi - Playing with the big boys and not putting a foot wrong.

Maldondo - Very nearly a result to remember, shame it was stolen from you.

Zeros

Hamilton - No being able to keep your cool cost you today, and your victims Maldondo & Massa. Is it cause you is black? Probably not you knob.  :DD

FIA rule makers - New tyres for the restart??
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:39:55 PM by David »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 10:32:59 PM »
One more "Heroes" that hasn't been mentioned:

The Tech Pros crash barrier that Perez hit. It notably softened the impact and likely saved Perez from being seriously injured.  It very quickly put back into commission so that Q3 could go on. Well done!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

David

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
One more "Heroes" that hasn't been mentioned:

The Tech Pros crash barrier that Perez hit. It notably softened the impact and likely saved Perez from being seriously injured.  It very quickly put back into commission so that Q3 could go on. Well done!

:good:

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 02:15:44 AM »
To me it lookewd like Massa was partially to blame for his
tunnel accident!He was offline and could have let off the gas
and followed Hamiltin
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Jugirl

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 07:51:40 AM »
Hero's

Fernando Alonso = Great drive, could have been better without the second safety car

Jenson Button = Another great drive, aggressive strategy spoiled by both safety cars
                       (Thanks Lewis)

Sebastian Vettel = Solid Drive with no mistakes but ultimately a little lucky at the end

Marshall's and Medical Staff = Very busy, very good work. Best around  :good:

Zero's

Lewis Hamilton = Weekend to forget in total. Embarrassing interviews and
                       embarrassing driving. Need to grow up Lewis

FIA = Ruined a great finale with letting all that work go on before the
        restart  >:D

Ju                   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle