collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 270
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16168 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13004 Posts
John S John S
11284 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Airbus transparent plane  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Wizzo

Airbus transparent plane
« on: June 15, 2011, 05:35:11 PM »

This futuristic concept for travel in 40 years time has been unveiled in London by Airbus.

Passengers will be able to see everything to the sides and in front of them.Airbus has unveiled the futuristic design of a transparent plane that will come around 2050 for panoramic views. The plane is designed in such a way that the flyers would be able to see through the cabin and the roof. With this futuristic travel option, the business class and economy class will be replaced with custom-made sectors that offer space for relaxation, interaction and working.

The see-through aircraft cabin will come with various options that will allow the rider enjoy panoramic views outside the aircraft. The comfortable seats could be made to take up any size and shape for each passenger. If we talk about entertainment, the boring small TV screen will be replaced by a larger Interactive zone together with virtual holographic golf courses or virtual clothes shopping.

Guaranteed to terrify those who already have a fear of flying.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Airbus transparent plane
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:38:49 PM »

I'm sure that second illustration is straight out of the Eagle comic, anyone remember Dan Dare and his eggheaded rival.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
Makes sense from an ecological perspective... there's a finite amount of aluminum (aluminium) in the world.   They're going to have to make planes from something else eventually, and there's plenty of sand out there...

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »
Wow, what a brilliant idea, a plane with transparent sides, I've yet to be on a plane with camera's outside, I love take off and landing, the only good thing about the rest is the drinks trolley.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »
Two words...too bright! 

Not many of us go on a plane to socialize, so I can't imagine the virtual worlds that you have to share becoming much of an attraction.  And besides, most airlines do their best to keep people in their seats (for both safety and logistical reasons), so to have everyone wandering around like it's a mall would be maddening.

What an old sourpuss I've become, eh?   >:D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

David

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:04 PM »
Great idea, looks fantastic, but Scott make a good point about it being too bright. I fly back and forward from England regular and I always have to wear sunglasses on daytime flights. If not my head would be pounding.

As for fear of flying, I know a couple of people I share flights with that would almost beg you to take a window seat so they can't see out! Especially my MD, he quells his fear with vodka. Suits me, I love looking out.  :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle