collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 566
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: We hate Lewis  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Ian

We hate Lewis
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: We hate Lewis
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »

I think they may find little sympathy for their bash Lewis cause from Charlie.

Well at least that's what should happen, but predicting the outcome of political manoeuvring like this is tricky.  :( 

If real this 'have a go at Lewis' meeting is a complete nonsense, ringmaster Bernie should step in pronto before the rear end of the pantomime horse starts running the show.  :crazy: :nono: :stop: 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 03:07:12 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with the drivers getting together to discuss racing styles, and clear the air over any simmering grudges.

In North America it's become very common for opposing athletes to train together and 'compare notes'.

I doubt the end result of the meeting will be a room of 24 best buddies, but I think that a little mutual respect will be built up that can't hurt the sport.  We can't let this become the WWE where the drivers are constantly deriding each other in the media.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
I couldn't imagine being around other drivers for
9 monthes a year for many years without becoming
close friends with most.Even Fisichella played soccer
with Alonso and look how he and Flav treated Giancarlo
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »
Maybe it's just the stewards going to the meeting. We all know how much they love Lewis.  :nono:

Seriously, I take anything in The Sun with a it of doubt.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »
Yeah, I was going to mention the source as well.  Honestly I can't imagine how a meeting with 22 drivers discussing another will not be complete chaos. 

I also doubt Charlie will give a hoot.  He has his job to do, and the drivers have theirs.  Hamilton's been penalized in one way or another for pretty much every questionable he's made this season...do the drivers really think Charlie will listen to them, then tell Lewis that he's been a naughty boy, and Lewis will
Then alter his entire racing style? 

If the story is true, those boys have been smoking something...
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 07:21:41 PM »
I hope Lewis does'nt change his style of racing, he's exciting to watch, as is Kobi too. Look how most people were saying he was boring at Monza.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:01 PM »
Lewis could learn a bit, just a bit of restraint from Jens, otherwise I see nothing wrong with his approach. I think a number of his penalties have been a bit unfair. Maybe he is just a bit desperate at being beaten by Button this year.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »

It would seem wiser heads have prevailed and there will be no witchhunt in the pre -race meetings, or maybe the media just got the wrong idea from somewhere. ;)
Autosport is reporting today that the bash Lewis campaign is probably hot media air.

Felipe Massa has no plans to raise Lewis Hamilton's driving standards with FIA race director Charlie Whiting despite being hit by the McLaren driver during Singapore Grand Prix.

Reports last week suggested that a group of drivers planned to question the number of on-track incidents Hamilton has had recently in the drivers' briefing.

But Massa insists that he considers the matter closed as the collision was dealt with by a drive-through penalty and this punishment is enough to make the McLaren driver think about his driving standards.

"I have nothing to say because everything he does, he pays for," said Massa when asked by AUTOSPORT if he plans to take up the issue with Whiting.

"The FIA is doing what is inside the regulations. If you cause an accident, or if you drive not in the right way, you are going to have a drive-through. And he had a drive-through. It's time enough for him to learn, to be honest."

GPDA chairman Rubens Barrichello confirmed that he also has no concerns Hamilton's driving and that he does not expect the topic to be discussed in the drivers' briefing.

"I don't think that's happening," said the Brazilian. "I think someone has made that up. We talk during the briefings about everything and then in the GPDA we get together and talk a bit further.

"But a lot has been said about what Michael Schumacher did to Lewis at Monza and that it was unfair. Then, when it got to the briefing, nobody actually said anything. It's just talk. I don't think that there will be anything regarding what happened in Singapore."

By Edd Straw, Autosport.com, Today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle