collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 623
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Will Vettel still look good in a slower car?  (Read 1794 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Will Vettel still look good in a slower car?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 10:40:52 AM »

I am a Button fan but I can't agree with this. Almost uniquely in the big teams Maclaren build identical cars and adjust to suit the physical needs of their drivers.

Unless your name is Nigel Mansell.   ;) :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Monty

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
I know someone who works at the McLaren centre at Woking and he reckons the car is built to an optimum technical level with no allowance for a specific driver. In fact if there was any bias towards one person it would probably be Gary Paffett because he spends more time at the technical centre than any of the others.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »
Button has beaten Hamilton in Hamilton's own team

I am a Button fan but I can't agree with this. Almost uniquely in the big teams Maclaren build identical cars and adjust to suit the physical needs of their drivers. As far as I understand the cars were the same for Mika / Coulthard; Alonso / Hamilton & Hamilton / Button. Indeed this was part of Alonso's complaints (he wasn't given number one benefits).
What I mean by that comment is that Hamilton had been with the team for years he, like Vettel is, is a team product and the team definitely went with Hamilton when Alonso went mental, and they deliberately went with a 'safe' option that would allow Hamilton peace to flourish by signing Heiki. That they signed Button was great peice of business by the management at McLaren and just shows how they usually are unbiased. That was always the great thing about them, and Williams for that matter. it was Hamilton's team that Button joined. There is no question that the Alonso affair put them on the defensive and they became a team that protected their own, and there is no more McLaren a driver than Hamilton. That Button has come in come in, won them over and beaten Hamilton says a lot about the guy for me. The team will love the new atmosphere he brings to the team and he is rightly, for me, their new team leader. He will improve Hamilton and guide McLaren to another couple of titles I am sure.

Offline Monty

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »
That Button has come in, won them over and beaten Hamilton says a lot about the guy for me. The team will love the new atmosphere he brings to the team and he is rightly, for me, their new team leader. He will improve Hamilton and guide McLaren to another couple of titles I am sure.

Now I completely agree.  :good:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 06:59:57 PM »
Jensen was the new sensation for the when he joined, but somehow went into the territory of forgetfulness, then suddenly like magic wand comes the Brawn GP, the revival begins, and as the time progressed just looked how things have gone for him. Hats off to this for perseverance and determination.

You have to understand that it is difficult to judge a car and a driver separately. These are complementary to each other, and requires each other combination like a nice smooth blend to succeed.

It requires something extraordinary to beat the rest of the pack. Each of the champion has their own recipe to make the championship work for them. People have different opinion about their ways, will argue about matters. But for them to be champion it was necessary to take measures. At times we have seen wrong judgement calls have made a fool out of them, but in the end it made them immortal in the history as to able to lift the trophy of the champion, as the best of the season. 

Vettel is one of the contenders to be among the greatest of all, being able make a mark in the history. But as the years ahead will unfold, it will have the answer how he measured up as treacherous time erodes the fame, confidence and the luck he seems to enjoying now. I hope he does wow the world with his adaptability.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle