collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 604
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2011 Final season standing  (Read 10546 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

Re: 2011 Final season standing
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 03:42:43 AM »
I thought it was most pole picks?

Darrell,just being curious I checked the winning poles

Dare  15
Darrell 13
Ju     10

Yeah, I knew I was up there but honestly didn't know who had the most. IMO it really is the best way to determine the winner in the event of a tie but I guess it'll be a draw to determine the #1 after all.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:32:07 AM by Canada Darrell »
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Dare

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 03:50:22 AM »
This year we have 3 tri-champs.Next year we'll have to
make a rule to cover ties.I never considered a 3 way tie.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 03:51:08 AM »
Congrats to the WINNERS all~
Congrats to the folks that make this competition the fun that it is.. well organized, and kept on schedule and up to date.

as for the 3 way, i'm fine with how a decision was made and what it was. however in F1 a tie is decided by the most wins...  in GG i think it could have been who picked the correct winner the most often, if still tied, the most 2d place correct etc...

my 2d season, and a small improvement over last place :P  i look forward with great anticipation for my 3d -

thanks for all your efforts putting the GG up and making it available ~
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 04:00:42 AM »
Congrats to our three champions!

I figure I was one of the best of the worst  :-[ So that puts me in the range of Lotus? Well at least I had the best looking car  8)

Oh well, Looking forward to next season! and bring on the advent competition! Ill be looking for the repeat!

Offline greener_09

re: the final:2011 gp of brazil gg picks
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 06:40:01 AM »
Congratulations guys 3 worthy champs.What a great season it was impossible to pick a winner before the race cos everyone was so close.Big thanks to Dare,Rom and Wizzo and heres to next year cheers

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 08:28:51 AM »
Wow - Congrats to the 3 winners :good:

Neil.P

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »
I finished second!  :o :o :o  :DntKnw: :DntKnw: :DntKnw: My bigger budget for F1 worked this year!  :DD

And of course congrats to our 3 champions! Even Dare!  :D

This 3 way thing is a sign of how the championship would be if Ferraris have their way with 3 car teams! I was going to suggest knife fight old school rules to settle it but you've gone for the safe route I see. Maybe save that for next year eh?!

Thanks toalso to our our GG Bernies - Dare, Rom & Wizzo Roll on next year!

Offline Ian

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »
I hope you all realise that while we have congratulated all three deservedly champions, we are now open to THREE lots of bragging rights.  :P  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Jugirl

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »
Thanks everyone i love my flags  :yahoo: :yahoo: They look so good near my Fernando and i also have a red name  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks for all you hard work Dare I have had fun playing :D I think Scott has a good point we should have a rule in place in case this happens again and the pole pick idea is as good as any  :good:

Thanks again

Ju

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »
I finished second!  :o :o :o  :DntKnw: :DntKnw: :DntKnw: My bigger budget for F1 worked this year!  :DD

Hold hard Mr Haggis,  :stop: you came in 4th by my reckoning, so no podium champagne for you - just salty tears like the rest of us. :D

Must be that Scotch mist rolling into the Glens that has fogged up your bi focals.  :tease:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:31 PM »
Congratulations to Dare, Darrell and Ju for their excellent results! Also, thank you to the Wiz and Dare for organising the competition and to all my fellow competitors for defeating me so soundly.

Next job: fix my engine control unit...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 03:21:01 PM »
Congratulations to Ju, Darrell and Dare for an excellent season!

Also a big thank you for Wizzo and Dare for putting on the GG in the first place.

You've certainly engineered a more exciting finish than the FIA could ever hope for F1!

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 03:28:48 PM »
Pushin' for 17th place and where did I end up?  20th.  At least Ali can blame a couple of missed races for her place.   :'( :'( :'(

...good news is it can only get better next year (I hope).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »
Wow! Cool flags!  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Thanks Wizzo! Thanks Dare! Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm holding up my Vettel #1 finger (the good one!) along with my fellow co-champions.

We're #1.....We're #1.....We're #1.....We're #1..... :DD

Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »

Hold hard Mr Haggis,  :stop: you came in 4th by my reckoning, so no podium champagne for you - just salty tears like the rest of us. :D

Must be that Scotch mist rolling into the Glens that has fogged up your bi focals.  :tease:

:D Technically correct however if they are claiming to all be no.1 then I'm claiming to be a no 2.... oh wait that doesn't sound so good now does it?!  :DD Still, me and Cos are first of the losers! We are your leaders now and we report to the ones with Flags. I'll report to Dare, should last about a week before he loses it with me!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle