collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 624
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: More from Berger  (Read 596 times)

Offline Dare

More from Berger
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
 I'm not too sure Kimi left F1 entirely on his
own.After being forced out like MS what were
his other choices?Like we've discussed before
when a driver is replaces there's usually no time
to sign on a new team

If he was in charge at Lotus, Gerhard Berger would not have signed Kimi Raikkonen for 2012.

Former 10-time winner Berger, the former BMW motor sport director and Toro Rosso co-owner, admitted that the 2007 World Champion's comeback is "good for Formula One."

But "If he is able to reach the top again I would say is 50-50," he told the Austrian broadcaster ORF.

"I do not think the best," said the former Ferrari and McLaren driver, "if he decides to stop, does a bit of rallying and then says 'OK, now I'm coming back.'

"I would be surprised if he has the strength, discipline and ambition to return to the front," added Berger.

"Of course he should not be underestimated and I do not — there is no question he is quick and it would be good for F1, so let's hope for it and wish him all the best."

But if he was in Lotus chief Eric Boullier's shoes, "Clearly, no, I would not have taken him", admitted Berger.

"Formula One is so unique. If you don't really live it day and night, constantly perfecting yourself and working on it, it is difficult," he added.

"It's hard, hard work, and whether he has the willingness to do this hard, hard work, we'll see."

Berger's fellow Austrian, triple World Champion Niki Lauda, told Salzburger Nachrichten newspaper: "It's cool that he is back.

"He (Raikkonen) is a colorful personality and will arouse great interest among the fans and the media."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: More from Berger
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »
I agree with what Lauda says there in the last two paragraphs. It is cool to have Kimi back and even cooler to have six WDC's on the grid!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:03:26 PM »

If Kubica was fit and ready there's no way that Reckless Eric would have signed Kimi, so I guess the team perceive his real value is to please the sponsors and keep the team in amongst the top 5 in media coverage as we go into the new season.

Can't see the team being as forgiving as Merc with Schumi if the teamate starts to out score Kimi. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
I'm afraid having Raikkonen back arouses no great interest in me, but if Mika was younger and came back that would be a different matter.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »
I agree with Ian if the two McLaren drivers were not arguing and the team had been more decicive he would not have been WC infact he would probably only managed third.
He was also one of those drivers who never seemed interested and some days he was good and on others average.
If Kubica had been there would there have been a seat for him?
I wonder what deal he has in place? Part owner? Shares? Maybe this will give him more incentive.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle