collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 256
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16171 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13011 Posts
John S John S
11290 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: McLaren's Lewis Hamilton is 'in a good place' for the 2012 F1 title  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Dare

Always funny how Button plays 2nd fiddle to
Hamilton.At the  least he's a equal

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton says he is "in a good place" mentally after a winter spent analysing his mistakes from 2011.
The Englishman is aiming to create an environment in which he can perform more consistently than last year.
"I feel great. I'm trying to take all the right steps towards keeping myself focused on the main goal, which is winning the world championship," said Hamilton, who won the title in 2008.
"As long as we have the car, there is no reason why we can't do that."
It was announced on Wednesday that Didier Coton, who previously worked with double world champion and former McLaren driver Mika Hakkinen, would join Hamilton's management team.

Not having the right combination of people around him was one of the reasons Hamilton gave for his troubled mindset last year.
"It's definitely a step towards that direction," said Hamilton. "I think I'm closer to having that already.
"It was not necessarily having someone who knows more about Formula 1, but having someone there who I can offload a lot of stuff to. Last year I didn't always have someone there. I wanted to make it our goal to make sure we have someone there at grands prix. And we have Didier.
"Didier's been a good friend of mine for many years and he's got great experience of my team and the F1 paddock.
"I thought it would be good to have him just there when I need him. That's generally what he's there for."
The 27-year-old added: "I feel like I'm in a good place. I've made some good choices over the last few months and hopefully that will reflect on the season."
Hamilton was speaking at the end of his first day of testing in the 2012 McLaren, about which he said his initial impressions were "pretty good".
He finished the session in Jerez, Spain, fourth fastest, fractionally behind the reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull.
The fastest time was set by Nico Rosberg in a 2011 Mercedes, followed by the new Lotus of novice Romain Grosjean.
Hamilton will resume testing on Friday, the final day of four days of running at the track.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: McLaren's Lewis Hamilton is 'in a good place' for the 2012 F1 title
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:11:16 AM »
So this year he is gonna offload to Didier, replacement of Nicole :tease
He started to make people go OFFROAD... I am sure Massa will the one who will be more than glad, knowing he someone else to bang and OFFLOAD... :yahoo:

Sorry Lewis, been your fan and will be so..just could not stop myself laughing...

I want you to shatter all the chatter boxes that keep popping about you...let the drive do the talking...Good luck for that...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »

I should think Felipe will be more than glad to pay Didier's wages if it stops Lewis taking his aggro out on him.  :D   :DD

Let your driving do the talking Lewis, and for Pete's sake make us believe you enjoy the privilege of piloting a top F1 car.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:10:39 PM »
Always funny how Button plays 2nd fiddle to
Hamilton.At the  least he's a equal

How so Dare?  The article doesn't even mention Button.  I think Button is team leader, without a doubt, and I bet at the moment the management at Mclaren think so too.  Apparently Button has his life in order so they didn't need to write an article about him needing a shoulder to cry on when he crashes with Massa.  Oh, that's right Button doesn't crash with Massa.   :D :D 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 10:22:07 AM »
Anywhere's a 'good place' for Lewis now that last year's behind him. I wanna see him do great, but he could do with changing the record. Either talking less, or talking about things other than how well he thinks he'll do this year/weekend/race. Every weekend last year he was banging on about how he genuinely thought he would win - and unless you do win the race that sort of talk only makes you feel worse, and look, well, a bit silly.

This could be a really make or break year for Lewis. Even if Jenson beats him again he could still be riding high, as everyone knows how quick he is. As long as he's shown to mature, and has a significantly better year than last year, the likes of Ferrari and Red Bull will still be interested. If however he has another howler, his stock will plummet, and the inevitable sulking will only compound the situation. He could end up having to beg McLaren for a 12 month contract...

Whatever happens, I can't wait!!

Offline f1bettings

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »
He won a few races in what is considered a really bad year for him.  This was personal problems and not having the best car.  He will probably have a better car this year and he appears to have moved on from 2011 so expecting to see a better year from Hamilton with a better chance at winning the title and making the season more competitive.

vintly

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
Agreed he didn't have the best car, and three wins was ok considering, but you can't cite 'personal problems' as a factor. Being the best means having all that side of things sorted too, or at least being able to rise above them when the time counts. I want to see an improvement in his decision making at key points - see the table below!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd346/vintly/F1_2011_Penalties.png[/img]]

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »
Absolutely. 

Niki Lauda, when he was half burned to death...he had personal problems (ok, medical, but the pain he was in was immeasurable compared to Hamilton's broken heart) that season, and he won.  Lewis?  Come on. 

If you are an F1 driver, you better be prepared to leave EVERY aspect of your personal life at the paddock gate.  If you can't do that, you have no right to be in F1. 

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »
Absolutely. 

Niki Lauda, when he was half burned to death...he had personal problems (ok, medical, but the pain he was in was immeasurable compared to Hamilton's broken heart) that season, and he won.  Lewis?  Come on. 

If you are an F1 driver, you better be prepared to leave EVERY aspect of your personal life at the paddock gate.  If you can't do that, you have no right to be in F1. 

I think we can all name a dozen F1 greats with more toughness than the current grid combined.  (For example, I'm sure that the elevator shaft that broke Moss's ankles was absolutely obliterated by the impact of Mr Motor...)

Honestly, I rather enjoy the 'depth' modern athletes are allowed to show.  So what if every second of Hamilton's life isn't dedicated to F1?  If he's going to make me happy, putting on a show every two weeks, I wish him to be happy too.  (The same for all drivers, of course)

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 08:59:09 AM »
I said the paddock gate.  I think dedicating every second of a 3-day weekend twenty times per year is a reasonable request considering he wouldn't even have a celebrity girlfriend if it wasn't for F1.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle