collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 192
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16168 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13004 Posts
John S John S
11284 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 'Even Your Best Friends Will Stab You In the Back'  (Read 1519 times)

davewilson

'Even Your Best Friends Will Stab You In the Back'
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:34:13 PM »
Bernie Ecclestone's daughters have given a rare insight into the character of the F1 supremo.

The diminutive 76-year-old rules the pinnacle of motor sport with a notorious iron fist, but Tamara (21) and Petra (16) explained that "Dad" always rolls through the front door of their Chelsea home at 6.15pm -- on the dot.

"At 7.30 he eats," Tamara, a regular in the F1 paddocks last year, explained to the German newspaper Welt.

"Then he reads the newspaper or watches some TV or some horse racing and goes to bed.

"Dad leaves you alone, he doesn't talk a lot or ask many questions, and if you can't find him then you know where he is -- at work."

Petra, an aspiring young model, agreed with her older sister that their father - whose fortune may amount to more than $5 billion, making him even wealthier than the Queen - is not a socialite.

"He doesn't go out," she smiled. "He hates parties and small talk.

"When we were growing up Dad always said that even your best friends will stab you in the back."

But despite his hard-negotiating and intimidating stature in the F1 paddock, Petra insists that Dad is "no monster".

"He doesn't tell us off," she laughed. "He's a bit of a coward like that -- in fact, I can't remember the last time he raised his voice."

Tamara said she enjoys shopping with Bernie.

"He's very good at it," she giggled. "He doesn't rush you like most men and he always, always, carries the bag.

"But he will tend to pick out the longest dress with the highest neck."

Tamara said she does not worry about Bernie's age, despite the fact that he is nearly three decades older than the girls' 48-year-old mother, Slavica, who is a former model from Croatia.

"He's so quick and switched on. I don't think he'll ever retire; work keeps him going," she insisted.

See nothing to worry about guys.......?

The Stig

Offline romephius

Re: 'Even Your Best Friends Will Stab You In the Back'
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 06:25:56 AM »
Wow this is rare, the children showing signs of dementure before their grandfather....oops I mean dad......

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »
romephius:
I would not upset him if you still want a GP in Australia...

The Stig

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »
I saw MR E last year at the Autosport show, walking around as if owned the joint (probably did) and vanquish89 (remember him) walked into him - literally!  :DD

Funny, looking at him, you'd think he wouldn't be able to shoot out dust, let alone anything else!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:31:32 PM by GPWizard »
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle