collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 541
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hello, Windows 8  (Read 9748 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

Re: Hello, Windows 8
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »
I didn't expect anything good from W8. Look at the history:

Windows 95 -  :sick:

Windows 98 -  :yahoo:

Windows ME -  :sick:

Windows XP -  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Windows Vista -  :sick:

Windows 7 -  :yahoo:

Notice a pattern?   ;)

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

Nice spot!
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
OK, so after a ton of reading (my definition is I've spent the last hour trying to find info on this site) about www.legalsounds.com I've come to the following conclusion:

You'd be just as well off borrowing CD's from your friends to rip yourself or downloading music off of a filesharing site. There is NO WAY any of the artists are getting royalties with these prices.

Think about it...an English website running on Russian servers and charging 1/10th what EVERY other legit music site I can find charges:

Itunes - $.69-$1.29/song
Google Music - $.99-$1.29/song
Amazon - $.89-$1.29/song

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396688,00.asp

So, if your conscience is OK with grabbing music from these guys then great, might as well save even more money by filesharing or using USENET and grabbing them for free...either way the artist is getting nothing. Or if you live in Switzerland then it's perfectly legal to download copyrighted material anyways!

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/12/swiss-government-file-sharing-no-big-deal-some-downloading-still-ok.ars

More than likely this web site is funding some Russian mafia kingpin IMO!  :tease:
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »
I checked this out before I purchased anything and there is a Russian copyright loophole that recording companies are scrambling to plug. They have tried several times in court and have failed so the Russians keep on smiling.

Many artists I see talking about downloading say their music should be free! Its the recording companies that are fleecing the industry not the artists. Who knows where we will end up in the future regarding internet downloading.

As for the Russian Mafia.....did I tell you I was Russian?  ::)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

vintly

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
I remember a good few years ago, when the Russian site 'allofmp3' was causing a massive storm in the US - they tried everything to shut it down. Eventually it closed, the US thought they'd protected their artists royalties, but it was immediately replaced by a load of others, such as mp3fiesta, which I occasionally use, which as you say, are a tenth of the price.

I think it's accepted now that the model for making money from music has changed. It's not about album sales anymore. Touring (or live gigs, festivals etc), licensing and merchandise. That's the new model. If you can sell a bunch of hard copy albums then great, but unless you're huge, you ain't gonna get rich off that. This is not the best news for new struggling artists, but hey, life's a bitch sometimes. On the plus side, at least now you can make a production quality album in your bedroom for a few hundred bucks, put it out there on iTunes, create a splash and try and get some gigs. The pros and cons of technology, right there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle