collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 617
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: HRT won't race in Australia  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Dare

HRT won't race in Australia
« on: March 17, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »
They  should have let them run,in a few laps they would have been
dnf's anyway

For the second year running HRT will contest the Australian GP after both cars failed to qualify and the stewards refused to grant an exemption.

In what proved to be a disappointing Saturday for the backmarker outfit, neither Pedro de la Rosa nor Narain Karthikeyan were able to post a lap within the 107 percent qualifying rule.

As such their fate was left in the hands of the Melbourne stewards.

They, however, ruled against granting the team an exemption.

"The stewards having considered all relevant material decide not to allow both cars to take part in the race in accordance with Article 36.1 FIA Formula 1 Sporting Regulations," said a statement from the stewards.

This is the second successive season in which HRT have missed the Australian Grand Prix.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:42:11 PM by Dare »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: HRT won't race in Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »

:( It's a bloody long way to go to sit on the sidelines.  ::)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
I hate to say it, but the fact that they were both "rolling chicanes" didn't help. Both drivers got the stewards attentions for hindering incidents in Q1. Karthikeyan on Alonso and de la Rosa on Kovi.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
Bet Pedro's thrilled he signed THAT contract.  I'd rather be a reserve/test driver any day. 

Well, they beat some people's predictions that they wouldn't even show up in Melbourne.  I hope someone buys them quick and puts up a budget they can race with.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »
No surprise at all.  They should start work on the 2013 car now, to make sure they're ready for testing

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »
I think FIA should let these teams run for 2 grand prix before they impose these rules. As there is no testing available, how are these people suppose to improve their cars? Atleast give them some hope, a bit of straw to hang on to it, or we will see another team to be bankrupted for surely. I do agree for a strict governance to provide the best of motorsports standard, but letting these small teams to be given these little favours or lifelines would only make F1 better.

I wanted to see these two to race, as well as wanted to see HRT team in the grid. Though we hardly talk about these teams, but these are the teams that will cater us with future world champions, we must give them space, so that their sheer passion and genius can overcome the lack of funding.

We must give them that, Micheal, Alonso, Vettel, Ayrton all did their first year in such small budget, yet passionate teams. If I am not wrong they is hardy existence of these teams they used to drive in their first year (except Torro Rosso of Vettel)

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »
That's a good point fanatic, I think balanced against the no testing rules, they should completely ditch the 107% rule.  Besides, I've always thought slow moving back markers have always spiced things up for the leaders.  Ditch the blue flags while they're at it.  :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »
Yep,it can't make the sponsors very happy when the cars they
put hard cash on don't run
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:43:41 PM »
I think FIA should let these teams run for 2 grand prix before they impose these rules. As there is no testing available, how are these people suppose to improve their cars? Atleast give them some hope, a bit of straw to hang on to it, or we will see another team to be bankrupted for surely. I do agree for a strict governance to provide the best of motorsports standard, but letting these small teams to be given these little favours or lifelines would only make F1 better.

I wanted to see these two to race, as well as wanted to see HRT team in the grid. Though we hardly talk about these teams, but these are the teams that will cater us with future world champions, we must give them space, so that their sheer passion and genius can overcome the lack of funding.

We must give them that, Micheal, Alonso, Vettel, Ayrton all did their first year in such small budget, yet passionate teams. If I am not wrong they is hardy existence of these teams they used to drive in their first year (except Torro Rosso of Vettel)

Formula One is meant to be the pinnacle of motorsport.  If you let people show up who aren't committed to the sport, it means anyone can show up who isn't committed to the sport.  How many cars that don't intend to win are you prepared to watch? 2?  6?  10?  How much are you willing to pay when half the grid has no intention in providing a car worth being part of the pinnacle of motorsport?

F1 needs to maintain standards.  HRT had the time to get the cars right and they didn't.  They've shown in the past that they can surpass that hurdle without testing, and if they're serious about F1, they'll do it again.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
That's a good idea, Fanatic. The small teams need a chance to at least get a start early in the season. One thing that is missing with the current minnows (HRT and Marussia/Virgin) is that they haven't attracted the kind of good feelings that teams like Minardi and Super Aguri did. They both had very loyal fans in spite of their back-of-the-pack performances.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
That's a good idea, Fanatic. The small teams need a chance to at least get a start early in the season. One thing that is missing with the current minnows (HRT and Marussia/Virgin) is that they haven't attracted the kind of good feelings that teams like Minardi and Super Aguri did. They both had very loyal fans in spite of their back-of-the-pack performances.

Minardi and Super Aguri earned their following.  They showed a capacity to do more with less.  You got the feeling that with a Ferrari sized budget, Minardi would run rings around the big boys.

I don't get that feeling from HRT and Marussia.  I get the feeling they're in over their heads.  I can't wait for them to get better, but raceday is not the time for that.

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
I think Bernie was partially the blame for this.Didn't he
lure teams in with a proposed budget caponly to not live up to it

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 12:56:11 AM »
The rules should state that you have to run a car at two of the three tests then this situation would not arise.
Using them as mobile chicanes to spice up the action is wrong and dangerous.
They have the time between the races to work out the problems and achieve the 107% required.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 01:47:39 AM »
But they don't have any testing to work the problems out. They could at least give a little more testing to the teams that don't make the 107%
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »
I do understand to maintain the standard of the sports, and I want that too, but with a testing ban, how they could manage to attain the speed? If you see the testing timing, when they arrive in the Melbourne, they were almost 13 second 0ff, after 3 session they were close to that 107%. So running these cars does matters, as they give you important feedback.

But I am also against letting them away, for the whole season. So only 2 grand prix that is it. If they cannot sort out within this time, then they should be disqualified from the race, letting them know not good enough for the grid.

And this weekend special thumbs up for Peter Sauber, who despite budget cuts, and the BMW fiasco produced a better team result than the engine supplier Ferrari.

And Minardi still lives this day, though as Torro Rosso, yet the charm and the enthusiasm, they made it to the Q3, while Ferrari failed that, and kept those position. Congrats to them too. Awesome drive

And I am somehow not impressed with Caterham, all I see is that they are trying to bring racing names, thats it, no flare, just filling the last two spots of the grid. I was furious last year as they were hurting Lotus name, these year though they changed the name, yet that is the only change I could see.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle