collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 617
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Up to 5th place  (Read 6558 times)

Jugirl

Up to 5th place
« on: March 25, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »
I have just read that Fernando Alonso's victory at today's Malaysian GP was his 28th which moves him up to 5th in the all time standing for race wins behind Schumacher, Prost, Senna and Mansell

:yahoo: Well done babe  :yahoo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17505390

Ju

David

Re: Up to 5th place
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
He's the man Ju! :good:

I reckon if Perez hadn't have made that mistake he may have had to wait for another day.

David

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »
I reckon Perez would be a breath of fresh air to the team, and he's not afraid to push Ferd.  ;)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:52:35 AM »
I reckon Perez would be a breath of fresh air to the team, and he's not afraid to push Ferd.  ;)

Which is exactly why he won't be Ferd's team mate soon. :D
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
I fear you may be right. the drier the track got the worse the Ferrari looked. Still not one mistake and still the greatest :D

How about Perez being his team mate David? What you think?

I have never shouted so much at my TV hehe

Ju

I think Perez passed his audition with flying colours.  He very easily took Ferrari team orders... and made it look like a driving error!

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:43 PM »
There were no orders, Peter Sauber doesn't work like that.

Ju

Hmmm, not so sure.  When Sauber was getting most of his car from Ferrari, there was during one race an urgent call from Todt to ask about a little team orders to help out Ferrari.  Could be urban legend, but I think Peter relented. 

Not so sure about this time - my take is the team was just nervous about losing the points they were in at that moment, and well, we all know how Alonso doesn't like to be passed.   :P :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:49:07 PM »
I think Peter was concerned about losing constructors points, it's those that bring the money in.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 04:58:41 PM »
Although I can see the reasoning behind Peter's call, when you are pushing as hard as Perez was it can be disconcerting to more or less be told, slow down and save the points.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
Although I can see the reasoning behind Peter's call, when you are pushing as hard as Perez was it can be disconcerting to more or less be told, slow down and save the points.

That must be why Vettel shuts off his radio (does he expect us to believe that his radio fails every third race on its own!?)

David

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
All this conspiracy crap wears me down sometimes.  :(

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

No matter how well earned (any win in the rain must be a harrowing and heroic experience) the win was, 'Good Job Alonso' gets dull after three weeks.   :tease:

This is one area where NASCAR gets it right: let the action speak for the sport and just race every weekend!

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 09:55:43 PM »

Too right Dave, a load of old baloney.

Offline Ian

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »
At least F1 races in the wet Jeri.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »
Well Ju here you have it, the fifth most successful driver, in terms of race winning numbers, where

1. Schumacher is untouchable
2. Senna looks ridiculously short in number
3. Fangio is a back-bench boy ( how ridiculous)

And also what it does not show, the struggling days Alonso put, when in Renault, and last year at Ferrari, where he made a distance between himself and his team-mate as the witness of his ability to push the car beyond..

But why bother right? You are gonna happy like puppy, anything about this Nando boy..
I used to like him (in his Minardi days), loathe him (beating Ferrari/MS twice) and ecstatic when he joined the red army (I always believed he should have never moved to Mclaren on the first place).. But these days I kind feel like indifferent, bacause there is jugirl for Alonso, for every possible emotion.. so why bother?

Celebrate it buddy...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 11:12:32 PM »
I put very little stock in this because drivers of previous eras had far fewer opportunities. In the '50s and '60s there were only 9-10 races per year. How many might Fangio or Clark have won with twice the number of races? And those years MS totally dominated would not have produced all those wins if there were only half as many races. I think winning percentage is more valid.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle