collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 157
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16161 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12992 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Angry Vettel calls Karthikeyan a Cucumber  (Read 3488 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Angry Vettel calls Karthikeyan a Cucumber
« on: March 25, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »

Methinks Seb needs spatial awareness training before hurling insults.  :P                 
At least Jens can man up and admit his error in tagging Narain, pity Seb can't see the limit of his own skills.  :(  Maybe he needs carrots not cucumbers in his diet.  :D

World champion Sebastian Vettel didn't just criticise Narain Karthikeyan after their clash in Malaysia -- he called the Indian driver a vegetable.

The back-to-back title winner's points hopes went up in flailing Pirelli rubber towards the end of the rain-affected Sepang race following contact with Karthikeyan's back-of-the-field HRT.

"He was off the track. In my view, it was over," Red Bull driver Vettel, now 17 points behind the championship lead after just two races, said on German RTL television.

"As in real life, there are a few cucumbers on the road," the German frowned.

"It's extremely frustrating, because in a chaotic race where I lost the radio right at the beginning, a fourth place would have been satisfactory."

More broadly, Vettel admits Red Bull has work to do. Asked about the current pecking order in 2012, he said: "We are somewhere in the middle.

OneStopStrategy.com, Today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Angry Vettel calls Karthikeyan a Cucumber
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:16:10 PM »
It was a photocopy move like he did on Webber in Turkey '10.  Once he's past the sidepod he figures he has rights to steer wherever he wants.  Kinda served him right. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »
What???  Narain penalized?  Come ON FIA - that's a joke.  Vettel blew the pass, simple as that.  Cost him dearly, but even if a blue flag was waving, the way I saw the replay Narain didn't move an inch.  Why can't these guys sometimes just shrug their shoulders and say 'That's racing'? 

http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motorsport/story/74343.html

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:17:09 PM »
What???  Narain penalized?  Come ON FIA - that's a joke.   

Just goes to prove it's not what you do but who you are and who you do it to.  :crazy:

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »
Is being called a cucumber a big insult in Germany?On the roads here
it's one of the nicer things to be called
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
Definitely a move Vettel should have put his hands up to, clear as clear he cut in too early.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »

I think it may have been sanitised in translation Dare, he probably used a more direct description of Jeremy Clarkson's favourite term  'man vegatable'.  :D 

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »

Just asked my wife.  In German cucumbers are great in salad, have a nice green colour and are sometimes used by kinky people :o.  I don't think any of those things apply to Narain.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw:  She's never heard of anyone being called one.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »
I may not be a great fan of Karthikeyan, but I guess this time they are acting way too beyond, as he was never to be criticized on the first place, and handing out a penalty for him is insanely cruel...

We got the message Seb, so whenever you will have problems with drivers about issues, we will now know that stewards will only listen to your version and pass the judgement....
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline romephius

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 09:24:43 PM »
I agree, he did the same to Webber, caused a crash, then blamed him.  Even the commentators said during the race that Karthi did absolutely nothing wrong, BOTH times that he was hit.

Obviously Vettel needs to do a bit more growing up still, just like Alonso.  I can't stand the little princess attitude that they (and other drivers) have about being "number 1" drivers...  It's a team sport and that's all there is to it, deal with it and stop crying when things don't go your way.

Jugirl

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »
I agree, he did the same to Webber, caused a crash, then blamed him.  Even the commentators said during the race that Karthi did absolutely nothing wrong, BOTH times that he was hit.

Obviously Vettel needs to do a bit more growing up still, just like Alonso.  I can't stand the little princess attitude that they (and other drivers) have about being "number 1" drivers...  It's a team sport and that's all there is to it, deal with it and stop crying when things don't go your way.

Obviously a big fan of Fernando and not at all one of Vettel but that attitude is what makes them winners. 2 WDC each can't be argued with and given the cars I am sure they BOTH could add to that tally.

I love Ferd's grumpy attitude, so sexy  :swoon:

Ju

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »
I can't think of what Karthikeyan should have done differently. It looked to me like he held his line and Vettel drove into him.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 09:43:08 PM »
I didn't say that they weren't damn good drivers, I called them princess' because of the extremely childish behaviour when it comes to team spirit.  It's self centered, egotistical and the behaviour of a 2 year old.  It took button a while in Brawn before he even started to thank the team, that made me hate him.  Without the team these guys wouldn't win a single thing, hell, they wouldn't be driving, so, their 'acheivments' are just as much a testament to their team and somtimes their teammates abilities and skills.  

Like the old cliche, you don't win a race in the first corner, you don't win a race on your own or championships for that matter.

Princess list (please add more if you agree)

Vettel (front and centre)
Alonso (has required team orders on multiple occasions and let's not forget his Mclaren days)
Schumacher (more so earlier in his career)
Hamilton (less vocal about it, but, sooking by virtue of sad face alot)

Those are the ones that I can think of right now (early morning here)

As always though, this is just my opinion and how I feel.

Jugirl

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 09:46:48 PM »
Alonso is not a princess......

He is a feisty Spaniard  :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Funny how that entire list includes all former or current World Champions though....That attitude is what makes winners.

Ju

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 09:54:55 PM »
There could be other reasons for Lewis's frown. Maybe Nicole promised him something special if he won.  :-*
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle