collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 613
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Parr leaves Williams  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Scott

Parr leaves Williams
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:33 AM »
Hard to say who's decision it is by the announcement.   :DntKnw:

You can hardly say he did anything wrong, at least leading into this year.  Crash.net's version suggests it was Parr's decision due to the extensive travel and time away from his family.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98402

Autosport:

The Williams team has announced that chairman Adam Parr will leave the outfit at the end of this week.

Parr, who was seen by team founder Frank Williams as his natural successor, had joined the British outfit in 2006 as chief executive officer.

He was promoted to chairman during the 2010 season. On Monday morning, however, Williams announced that Parr will leave the team on March 30.

He will be replaced by Nick Rose, ex-CFO of Diageo and currently a Non-Executive Director of WGPH, who will act as non-executive chairman.

Frank Williams will continue to oversee the company.

"I asked Adam to join Williams at the end of 2006 to support me in the running of our team," said Frank Williams. "Over five years, Adam's achievements have surpassed my expectations and I must thank him for his service.

"Not least for the decisive role he played in the technical changes made last year which are beginning to show through in the team's improved competitiveness this season, and for leading this company to a successful IPO.

"Adam leaves us on good terms to pursue a better balance in his life for which I wish him and his family well. He has left us in good shape and I have every confidence that the Board and senior management team at Williams will continue to drive the business forward into a promising future."

The team did not specify what Parr's next plans were.

Parr added: "I am very grateful to Frank for giving me the opportunity to work for Williams over the past five years - a period that has been both challenging and rewarding.

"Williams is a unique team with over 500 great-hearted and talented people and many superb partners in and out of Formula 1. Williams is now set up to move forward and I wish everyone at Grove well."
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:48:05 AM by Scott »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Parr leaves Williams
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:09:39 AM »

Bit of a sudden departure especially since Adam had just started taking part in media interviews this year at the Australian GP.  :confused: No doubt we will find out more as time goes by.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »
This does seem very sudden. It will be interesting to see if Parr's "balance" includes another team.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:40:31 PM »
I wonder why would a person that important suddenly want to find time for family?? It takes years to be on that part of the Paddock, and given the competitiveness gained by Williams this year, why would some one be leaving it, specially at this stage of the calender, where European season is yet to start..

Or is it something that made Adam not to accept the team principle's job, and only honorable way out is to leave early (that our dear Felipe Massa could not understand)..

Whatever the reason is, I do not want that Williams to slow down, in the short term and long term basis...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 11:20:02 PM »
Here's an interesting take on the subject:

http://f1mole.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/the-mole-takes-a-boat-trip/

I find "The Mole" very interesting.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:03:31 AM »
Here's an interesting take on the subject:

Good article Lonny,  :good: thanks I enjoyed reading it.
Other writers seem to agree that a falling out with Frank is the only real answer to Adam's resignation, also the only big thing apparent to everyone is Bernie's svengali machinations with the new concorde deal.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle