collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 585
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Webber linked to Ferrari for next season?  (Read 2484 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Webber linked to Ferrari for next season?
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »

"There may be a pre-contract" says Blancafort a leading F1 reporter.  :swoon:         
Both Mark and Nando see eye to eye, and are still connected through Flavio. This rumour has a jolly nice ring to it - even if in time it proves false.

Mark Webber might have signed a pre-contractual agreement with Ferrari, one of Spain’s leading F1 correspondents has revealed.

Raymond Blancafort, writing for El Mundo Deportivo, referred to widespread speculation in the paddock about Sergio Perez’s likely future alongside Fernando Alonso.

"There may be a pre-contract," he said, "but between Ferrari and Webber."

Australian Webber was also linked with Ferrari last year, before Red Bull decided to sign him up for another single season. The 35-year-old was overshadowed by his teammate Sebastian Vettel last year, but he has begun the 2012 season more strongly.

And Webber warned before the 2012 season began that if Red Bull didn’t re-sign him for 2013, "I’d need something (else) competitive (to drive). Being at the front, is certainly a big, big factor of me staying very hungry and motivated."

Ferrari may be looking to replace Alonso’s current teammate, the struggling team veteran Felipe Massa, for 2013.

Raymond continued "They (Ferrari) would be able to take advantage of his (Webber’s) experience, the consistency of his results and the fact that he gets along with Alonso.

"Interestingly, Webber is also still involved with Flavio Briatore", as is Alonso, Blancafort noted.

Nextgen-auto.com, Today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Webber linked to Ferrari for next season?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »
Slow news day is my guess.  What about Perez? 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »
"I’d need something (else) competitive (to drive). Being at the front, is certainly a big, big factor of me staying very hungry and motivated."

That rules out Ferrari, doesn't it?  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:27:31 PM »
"Interestingly, Webber is also still involved with Flavio Briatore", as is Alonso, Blancafort noted.

Nextgen-auto.com, Today.

Extra interestingly... if Ferrari continues to struggle and decides to clean house... and has 2 drivers from Flavio's stable... and Flavio is Italian... and Flavio has a history of winning...

There's not a lot of dots to connect.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 04:30:11 PM »
I wonder if Flav still has any friendly Renault contacts?That
would be Mark's best bet
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »
I don't see any reason for Webber to sign for Ferrari, why would you join a midfield team, while you are in on top, with out-qualifying your team-mate in 3 out 4 races? :stop: :stop:

Even if he is having problem with the German princess, having more sugar than him, he should consider Lotus/Renault or Mclaren (Though I don't believe they are possible at this moment), but not Ferrari, because the team is in shambles, it is struggling for every other element that is required by Webber, to be true contender for Driver's championship.. :fool: :fool:

I wonder what good its going to do having Flavio connection, though I know these are closed door politics, but Flavio being out of the sports, how much he can wave is wand? :DntKnw: :DntKnw:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »
I don't see any reason for Webber to sign for Ferrari, why would you join a midfield team, while you are in on top, with out-qualifying your team-mate in 3 out 4 races? :stop: :stop:

If you can find me an F1 driver* who wouldn't jump at the chance to race for Ferrari, you can have my second born  (trust me, you don't want the first... )

Even if the car wasn't fit to get out of Q1, it's a dream they all share.  That's why Mark would sign for the Scuderia.

(*Not counting those who already have)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »

If you can find me an F1 driver* who wouldn't jump at the chance to race for Ferrari, you can have my second born  (trust me, you don't want the first... )

Even if the car wasn't fit to get out of Q1, it's a dream they all share.  That's why Mark would sign for the Scuderia.

(*Not counting those who already have)

Right on Jeri. :good: I'm sure most of the grid would give anything to become a Ferrari driver, it's the proverbial cherry on the F1 cake. :D

I think if Mark doesn't get the drivers crown this year he will probably consider it out of reach and therefore may be looking to extend his carreer in F1 with the ultimate challenge of trying to please the Tifosi.

vintly

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »
Right on Jeri. :good: I'm sure most of the grid would give anything to become a Ferrari driver, it's the proverbial cherry on the F1 cake. :D

I think if Mark doesn't get the drivers crown this year he will probably consider it out of reach and therefore may be looking to extend his carreer in F1 with the ultimate challenge of trying to please the Tifosi.

How much longer will drivers give anything to race for Ferrari? If they continue their downward slide through the grid - and there's nothing to say they won't - I wouldn't be surprised if their seemingly bullet-proof allure starts to look a bit fake. I hope they sort it out, but it don't look good.

Totally agree with your second point, Mark's getting on and he's a realist - Ferrari might represent a breath of fresh air and a new challenge.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 05:06:56 AM »
Why does everyone assume he is out at Red Bull? If R/B offer him a decent contract, why wouldn't he say yes? And honestly, I don't think R/B has a young driver ready to move up. If thy bring up someone who is blown away by Vettel, what good is that? The only joker in the deck is Marko, who is an unpredictable idiot.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 07:16:06 AM »
I agree Lonny.  Until RBR have a replacement for Mark who they are sure can post at least as good results, why would they ditch him?  Both Mark and RBR seem satisfied with year by year contracts, so on they go.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:14:30 AM »

The story only talks about a pre-contractural agreement for Mark, I take it that's just an option not a confirmed drive.
With a few drivers out of contract this year, notably Hammy, it makes sense for drivers like Mark to secure a decent option to stay on the grid. 

Or perhaps he's just trying to avoid becoming Ruben's teamate.  :D

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
I think Mark has done what he came for in F1.  Not a champion, but some really good years.  Mark has a life outside F1, apparently unlike Rubens.  He will go biking, enjoy life in Oz and maybe dabble in another series, but I don't think we'll see him staying in F1 just to stay in F1.  Unless Ferrari has a major turnaround this season, they won't be any more than a mid pack team, and Mark has more sense than to go there.  I don't agree that every driver in F1 wouldn't turn down a seat at Ferrari.  Unless you are contractually the No1 driver, Ferrari just seems like a place for a compliant tail gunner, and I don't know if ANY F1 driver today wants that position, Ferrari or not.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
Rubens should not be seen like that, as long as he could stay in the field, as long teams thought they have chances with him he stayed. We should not forget to them its a pleasure to be on a F1 car, and I don't blame anybody clinging to that..

With Mark, I don't know, perhaps after Vettel's win in Bahrain, probably made him felt like enough is enough with this Austrian team with its German princess. But choosing Ferrari he should realize its about re-building a whole team, from scratch to the philosophical ideology, so he will never get a shot at world championship.

Why people are almost certain Alonso will stay at Ferrari, what are the chances of a swap? Alonso knows in his prime he will be far off with RBR than Ferrari, and with Renault as a supplier, we could not rule out Flavio's invisible hands, could we??

Alonso & Vettel in RBR
Webber & Perez in Ferrari
Kimi & Button in Mclaren
Hamilton & Romain in Lotus
Nico & Senna in Mercedes

Wild I might be, but its the nature of this season, being insane is the most sensible thing...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 03:13:05 AM »
I don't think Ferd would go to a team that already has a defacto #1. He needs the strokes all to himself.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle