collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 585
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP Tickets? Silverstone ask 20,000 fans not to show up  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Wizzo

Silverstone have announced that if you only have general admission tickets with normal parking then they have requested that you avoid the GP over the weekend.

This is no doubt due to the recent problems with the weather and this announcement is estimated to affect 20,000 fans.

Berne will be saying 'See! I told you so!'

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline hayleylsl

Re: British GP Tickets? Silverstone ask 20,000 fans not to show up
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »
Oh deary me :-(

I went to Silverstone years back (not for a f1 race) and it had been raining for about a week and it was chaos, would have hoped they could have sorted out the car parking by now.  I guess this weather is exceptional though, even for Britain.
"It's like riding a bicycle around your living room"

Nelson Piquet on the Monaco Grand Prix..

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
You have to feel for those with tickets who have not been able to get in and may not get in on Saturday.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
Cruel british weather spoils the fun for estimated 20,000. I feel sorry for each of them..And can't actually blame anyone else...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

vintly

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »
Silverstone needs a roof.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »
Silverstone needs a proper parking area for the fans, keep the track as it is please, gives us tremendous race, with or without rain...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »

It's the campers I feel sorry for, the conditions on the campsites (at the track or around the village itself) must be extremely wet, muddy and cold. Let's hope the race makes it worth it for all of them.

The day trippers who rely on getting into the car parks in fields around Silverstone have had plenty of warning from the weather in the last 4 weeks and should have thought about alternatives to parking at the track.

Anyone who expects an easy drive to a venue with a capacity of 125k+, even in normal conditions, lives in fantasy land. I've used both the official park and ride and other off site parking in the last few years, when using a friend's Friday entry to the British GP, both of these were good value and ensure you get to the track in time.
Not this year though. :(  I had to work :'( and anyway he's off to Abu Dhabi later in the year instead, lucky sod.  ;)

I sat in an over 4 hour queue to get into Donnington for a World Series by Renault meeting about 5 years back, and that was a fine dry day.  :swoon:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:04:42 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 02:52:52 PM »
Estimated cost of "proper parking" is £200 m just to buy the necessary land (at the moment, much of the parking is rented from farmers who need the grass for the rest of the year), and much of it is protected greenbelt. So it's never going to happen.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 03:19:58 PM »

I went to a stock car race in the Pontiac Silverdome once when I was little.  I have no idea what series it was (obviously not the big NASCARs).

It's certainly possible to put a Valencia sized crowd indoors for a race...

vintly

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »

I went to a stock car race in the Pontiac Silverdome once when I was little.  I have no idea what series it was (obviously not the big NASCARs).

It's certainly possible to put a Valencia sized crowd indoors for a race...

Wow you guys are spoilt - that is huge for an indoor arena! I guess Silverstone will always be wet, campers will always be muddy and Britain will have weather instead of climate. Ah well, that's why I'm an armchair fan.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 04:56:58 AM »
Estimated cost of "proper parking" is £200 m just to buy the necessary land (at the moment, much of the parking is rented from farmers who need the grass for the rest of the year), and much of it is protected greenbelt. So it's never going to happen.

If that being the case, so I don't want that to be changed, let it be the charm of Silverstone. The people from the Britain does not need these facilities to come to a grand prix, they come for the craving they feel inside, will not be dampened by the as ever unpredictable British weather.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle