collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 171
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16181 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13026 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ross Brawn echoes Jenson's fear that Red Bull now top dogs  (Read 1341 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Ross Brawn echoes Jenson's fear that Red Bull now top dogs
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:23:25 AM »

Will British GP prove too easy for Seb in Red Bull car?         
The only saving grace Ross can see is Merc's own unrepeated runaway win in China. Has Newey found a big step, or did the team at the Valencia track get the set up spot on for the tyres?
I'm veering towards the sweet spot on set up, after all Seb was well in front of his teamates pace in quali and race in Spain. 

Red Bull Racing's true advantage over the rest of the field will become clear at this weekend's British Grand Prix, reckons Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn, - amid concerns from the champion team's rivals that its performance in Valencia is a sign that it could now be clear at the front of the field.

Sebastian Vettel dominated the European GP weekend before retiring with an alternator failure – and the ease with which he controlled the event has left some worried that the German could be about to return to a period of dominance now t

But Brawn wants to see how the Red Bull cars perform at Silverstone, because he thinks some of its Valencia advantage could have been down to exploiting tyres rather than outright aerodynamic performances.

"It was certainly a very impressive performance by Vettel in the last grand prix in Valencia," said Brawn during a FOTA Fans' Forum event at Williams on Tuesday night.

"RBR are a team that are strong on the aero side. They have a creative group there, and they have always been extremely competitive in their strengths.

"But my only slight reservation was that if you get these [Pirelli] tyres to work and get them in the window, you can have a huge gap to those that don't. In our own case, Nico [Rosberg] was comfortably on pole in China and could drive the race he wanted to, whereas with the same car and tyres we struggled at other races.

"I don't think that is the case with Red Bull but I hope it is. They were clearly in a strong position with that car and those tyres. Silverstone has traditionally been a good race for them, it's high speed with high speed corners... so let's see how it evolves.

"It has been a great year for variation, and it was a great performance from Red Bull in Valencia, but I hope it is not an omen for future."

Force India deputy team principal Bob Fernley echoed Brawn's belief that Silverstone will show just how competitive Red Bull is – and what task its opposition faces.

"I think RBR have clearly made a big step in their aero package for Valencia," he said. "I don't think we saw the full potential of it [in Valencia].

"Silverstone is a circuit that features for the aero side, and we will see where Red Bull is at that point. I expect them to be quick and it will challenge all teams to look at what they are doing."

By Jonathan Noble, Autosport.com, Tues 3rd July.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Ross Brawn echoes Jenson's fear that Red Bull now top dogs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
I think Brawn has turned on the fog machine.  He would just prefer that there is more scrutiny on the other teams than his own.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:30:06 AM »
I think Brawn has turned on the fog machine.  He would just prefer that there is more scrutiny on the other teams than his own.

I agree in part, but he's also one to say it how it is. I think Webber might have a better quali this weekend, and a better race, then Ross' words will be ringing in everyone's ears. Come on the Bulls!

vintly

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »
I agree in part, but he's also one to say it how it is. I think Webber might have a better quali this weekend, and a better race, then Ross' words will be ringing in everyone's ears. Come on the Bulls!

I should probably be flogged for quoting my earlier post, but couldn't resist it. I should have been bolder and had him 1st not 2nd!

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
Hehe...I had him first :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:39:23 AM »
So did I.. :P :P
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle