collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 575
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bernie's push for F1 City centre races now explained  (Read 4301 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Bernie's push for F1 City centre races now explained
« on: August 28, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »

New FIA Formula E aims for major City centre races in 2014.

There appears to be serious money behind Formula E, but as always getting a new racing series (especially a really quiet one ;)) off the ground may prove harder than ever.

Anyone want the ear defender franchise for Formula E?  ....It'll be real cheap.  
:D :DD

The Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) has reached an agreement to licence the commercial rights of the FIA Formula E Championship to a consortium of international investors, Formula E Holdings Ltd (FEH).

Formula E is a new FIA championship featuring Formula cars powered exclusively by electric energy. It represents a vision for the future of the motor industry over the coming decades.

Demonstration runs of the Formula E cars will start in 2013, followed by the championship in 2014 with an objective of 10 teams and 20 drivers participating in the competition. The races will be ideally staged in the heart of the world’s leading cities, around their main landmarks.

FEH, the new promoter, has as anchor investor London-based entrepreneur Enrique Bañuelos, and as CEO and shareholder former MEP and racing team owner Alejandro Agag, who has a long experience in the motor sport business. Also associated with the project are Lord Drayson, Managing Partner of Drayson Racing Technologies, and Eric Barbaroux, Chairman of the French electric automotive company "Electric Formula".

The new series will be open to any cars sanctioned as Formula E by the FIA. The consortium will ensure that a Formula E Car, based on the Formulec EF 01 prototype already in operation, is available for those competing teams willing to race with it.

Edited from piece on Nextgen-auto.com, Today.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:03:19 AM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Bernie's push for F1 City centre races now explained
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:08:20 AM »
Formula Ecclestone?  Too funny. 

Here's another bit o' news. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2193699/F1-Bernie-Ecclestone-secretly-marries-Brazilian-beauty-46-years-younger-him.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The cake was pretty good, but
The company was lousy. :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:24:02 PM »
Silent little cars that nobody wants to watch on crappy street circuits in 2014. Isn't that a description of the future of F1?

As for the other: I guess Bernie didn't learn anything from the last much younger, much taller model that he married. I'll bet that this time he has an absolutely iron-clad pre-nup.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »
So who's lining up to drive Formula E?

Rubens
Villeneuve
Piquet Jr
Maldonado
Hamilton

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »

Rubens
Villeneuve
Piquet Jr
Maldonado
Hamilton

I take it you mean Nicholas Hamilton, Lewis' younger brother, and either Pastor's brother, cousin .....or even aunt. :D    The rest of the list looks fine, - although perhaps we should add Massa.  ;)  :DD

As for Bernie tying the knot, everyone is entitled to a share their life with whomsoever they please, so good luck to the both of them.  :good:

I sure a lot of us old farts would like to be in a position to be attractive to youngish good looking gals - or guys, whatever takes your fancy.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:54:17 PM by John S »

Online cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58:46 PM »
And what teams will there be?

Scalectrix
Aurora A/FX
Strombecker
Tyco
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »
What the hell on earth is FIA upto? Formula E? With electric cars?  :o :o

Why don't they start a series Formula RC, I don't see much of a difference >:(
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 01:02:29 AM »

Rubens
Villeneuve
Piquet Jr
Maldonado
Hamilton

I take it you mean Nicholas Hamilton, Lewis' younger brother, and either Pastor's brother, cousin .....or even aunt. :D    The rest of the list looks fine, - although perhaps we should add Massa.  ;)  :DD

As for Bernie tying the knot, everyone is entitled to a share their life with whomsoever they please, so good luck to the both of them.  :good:

I sure a lot of us old farts would like to be in a position to be attractive to youngish good looking gals - or guys, whatever takes your fancy.

No, I meant Lewis and Pastor.

If Hamilton doesn't have a ride for 2013, it would be very inviting for a new series to pay through the nose for a 'star' in 2014

And if Pastor keeps crashing on the sponsor's dime, as well as Williams, he won't find many people willing to pay him to stay in F1 in 2 years

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »
What the hell on earth is FIA upto? Formula E? With electric cars?  :o :o

Why don't they start a series Formula RC, I don't see much of a difference >:(

There is already a World Championship for RC. In fact several of them for different classes of cars. They've been around for decades. Here is one of  final heats from the most recent one for Touring Cars.

Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 09:23:15 AM »

Good one Lonny,  :good:  I see it's as hard to overtake in R/C as F1.  :D  

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 05:49:19 PM »
Pedro de la Rosa started his racing career in an R/C series (I think he may have won a championship but I don't know if it was a world one), and Lewis Hamilton dabbled in R/C as well, so it seems it's a good place to hone one's racing skills and instincts.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »
And we have the same controversies, at about 1:30 the 2ND place  car tries to pass at the end of the straight, The leader moves over, though it is really too late to block, contact is made and #2 goes end over end off the track. The chat rooms immediately started buzzing about why the leader wasn't given a stop and go for rough driving.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
No offense to RC people, but I don't think it should be the future of Motorsports.

The RC championship looks fun, I guess those people do it really loves to the heart.But it should be kept within the limit of fun. I don't want pinnacle of Motorsports governing body sanctioning such races
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 12:08:10 AM »
No offense to RC people, but I don't think it should be the future of Motorsports.

The RC championship looks fun, I guess those people do it really loves to the heart.But it should be kept within the limit of fun. I don't want pinnacle of Motorsports governing body sanctioning such races

:DD  Don't worry BD I don't think there's the slightest chance that the FIA is interested in taking R/C racing under it's wing.  :D

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 04:11:33 AM »

:DD  Don't worry BD I don't think there's the slightest chance that the FIA is interested in taking R/C racing under it's wing.  :D

RC has a global sanctioning body called IFMAR, one of whose members is EFRA which sanctions races in Europe. It is a multimillion dollar business, though not at the level of F!. The cars in the video are 1/10TH scale, AWD , built of carbon fiber and aluminum, 4 wheel independent suspension. Brushless electric motors, LIPO batteries, wind tunnel developed Lexan bodies. if that chicane was removed from the straight, they would be hitting about 60 mph at the end. They are not the fastest class.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle