collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 592
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Japan GP Heroes and Zeroes  (Read 3453 times)

Williamsfan

Re: F1 Japan GP Heroes and Zeroes
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
Alonso- Get over yourself, you are not impervious to mistakes.

There was nobody to blame for that incident it was just a racing accident.

I agree that it was a racing incident and he purely ended up on my list due to trying to throw the blame at Kimi when, as you say, it was a racing incident.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
In the interview that I heard, he didn't blame Raikkonen, he just said that they had touched.  I take it that he has said something different elsewhere?

I do not think Alonso's as racing incident, he could have avoided it, and having that much of caliber, he should have. For me its a misjudgement from him, and he should take the responsibility.

I'm not sure how he could have avoided it.  It's a bit difficult to see where a rival's front wing is in your mirrors, especially at the start.  It was a very light touch, which, had the tyres been fully up to temperature and pressure would have had little consequence.  You could also equally argue that Raikkonen shouldn't have been on the grass going into the first corner.  It was just  unfortunate all round.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
In the interview that I heard, he didn't blame Raikkonen, he just said that they had touched.  I take it that he has said something different elsewhere?

I do not think Alonso's as racing incident, he could have avoided it, and having that much of caliber, he should have. For me its a misjudgement from him, and he should take the responsibility.

I'm not sure how he could have avoided it.  It's a bit difficult to see where a rival's front wing is in your mirrors, especially at the start.  It was a very light touch, which, had the tyres been fully up to temperature and pressure would have had little consequence.  You could also equally argue that Raikkonen shouldn't have been on the grass going into the first corner.  It was just  unfortunate all round.

I completely agree it was a racing incident, however I don't think you can blame Kimi for being on the grass as Alonso gave him nowhere else to be.  In fact I think that Kimi was doing his best to avoid Alonso, but once he got on the grass, he had a bit of a tank slapper and in the process clipped Alonso. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 04:34:59 PM »
I agree. His move was similar to what Grosjean did at Spa. Kimi was way out on the grass at one point.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle