collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 523
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Japan GP Heroes and Zeroes  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Scott

F1 Japan GP Heroes and Zeroes
« on: October 07, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »
Where to begin...

Heroes

Kobi and Sauber.  Great run for both cars until Perez got over eager and beached himself.

Massa (yes David, that's twice in a season I've picked him).  Flawless drive, in fact so boring he hardly got any air time on TV.  Solid second place.  Ferrari could be printing his new contract as we speak.

Kimi - damaged wingplate the whole race and he was competitive the entire time.  Couldn't have done much better.

Button - almost got Kobi at the end, but too little, too late.  Solid drive from penalty grid place.

Honourable mention for Hulk and Pastor - the fact that Hulkenberg and DiResta can make the Force India seem competitive makes you wonder if the car is really that good or are the drivers both performing well above the car's ability.

Zeroes

Alonso squeezed Kimi right off the track.  Took himself out if you ask me.

Grossjean - sorry Mark, you were a bystander - fantastic run back to the points though.

Perez - Mclaren will have to tame him a bit, especially when he is in a better car.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: F1 Japan GP Heroes and Zeroes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »
I think Micheal also made a great race, starting from 23rd, and almost finishing in the points shows how good he is in this track. Mercedes was just not enough to get into the points in the last stage, it also makes me sad that he will be going even having that much of a pace still in him :'(

Pastor only credibility will staying away from the chaos, if Alonso, Romain and Mark was able to hold their positions he would not be in the points. But given his past record, just staying away from the trouble is a lot for him to ask.

Vettel is a great driver, and when he wins he is a real great guy, but when he is not winning he is one sore loser. I am saying because when you hear that a driver is telling you that he rarely gets a chance to drive a well set-up car like this, and defy his team order not push it, says a lot about his hunger for racing. Also his refusal to box a car, so that they could technically change his gear-box without a penalty also defines his racing traits. Yeah, I know you will be pointing out the tantrums, whining and picking people up for his own fault, but people we have worse in the past didn't we. I love this guy since his Torro Rosso win at Monza, was a bit annoyed with his tantrums earlier this season, but since Spa, I think I am starting to have the old sparks again. If he wins this season, I will say Spa was the place from where he knew he will be the one to win.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »
Zero:

Canadian Thanksgiving!

We went up to the inlaws cottage, and when we were halfway there, I realised I hadn't even set the race to tape!

That's the first race I've missed watching on TV in YEARS!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »
Heroes:

Koby and Sauber, for reasons stated above.

The Japanese fans: Great response to Koby on the podium. Suzuka has always had a fan base that is as enthusiastic as the fans at Monza. It was wonderful to see them get something to cheer about.

Webber: A great comeback from being almost a lap down after the first lap fracas.

Zeroes:

Grosjean: Still playing bumper cars. I had hoped that he had learned a lesson. Guess not.

Webber: Another bad start. If he wouldn't have been so slow on the start, he would have been ahead of the crash that set him back.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Williamsfan

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 08:45:19 PM »
Heroes:

Vettel- Obvious really, but he was imperious and drove off into the distance.

Kobayashi- A drive to save his F1 career perhaps?  Really a timely reminder of his skill.

Massa- Same as above?  I wonder if it is still possible he'll be at Ferrari?  If only he could drive that fast more when Alonso is still on the track.

Maldonado- Well done for not hitting anyone and for ending that 8 race points drought! 

Zeroes:

Alonso- Get over yourself, you are not impervious to mistakes.

Grosjean- He is looking to be a liability and I can understand Webber's thoughts that maybe he needs another 'holiday'. 

David

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »
Heroes

Massa - After an inspired drive in Singapore another fantastic performance. Looks like Felipe is back to his best, but I fear it may be too late.

Vettel - 1,2,3 Pole, Win, FL, Flawless and dominant!

Kobayashi - Well deserved podium in front of his adoring countrymen.

Zeros / Plonkers

Perez - Plonker, McLaren won't put up with school boy errors.

Grosjean - Plonker, Need to cool down and look about yourself. Either that or get a bumper car.

Webber - Plonker, had the car today and still couldn't do it. Withdrawn due to peer pressure  ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:54:30 PM by David »

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »
I think tagging Webber a zero for having a bad start is kind of unjust. If he was not hit by first lap disaster kid, I am sure he would have been in the Podium, if not pushing for the win. And he did make it upto 9th all the way from back. I think atleast it should be enough to loose the tag Zero..

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
Go for it BD, you tell that David not to be so harsh on Mark, I thought he done well considering what that prat Grosjean done to him.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
He meant Button  ;)

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:11 PM »
You reckon David might have had too much Guiness Scott ?

David

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 07:53:06 PM »
I think tagging Webber a zero for having a bad start is kind of unjust. If he was not hit by first lap disaster kid, I am sure he would have been in the Podium, if not pushing for the win. And he did make it upto 9th all the way from back. I think atleast it should be enough to loose the tag Zero..

OK fair comment, I'm being a bit harsh on Mark, but if he had got the start right Mr Disaster would have been no where near him.

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 08:01:35 PM »
I like it Dave 'Peer pressure.' But you are right about if Mark had had a good start he'd have been ok.

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
True, but Mark was pinned on the inside of the corner, and had no real choice but to take it slow or he'd slide wide and cause a collision.  Grossjean had arrived at the corner like a missile, but obviously forgotten which was the brake pedal.  :DntKnw:

Offline Irisado

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:12 PM »

There was nobody to blame for that incident it was just a racing accident.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »

There was nobody to blame for that incident it was just a racing accident.

I do not think Alonso's as racing incident, he could have avoided it, and having that much of caliber, he should have. For me its a misjudgement from him, and he should take the responsibility.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle