collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 595
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Charlie seeks penalty points system for F1 drivers  (Read 1841 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Charlie seeks penalty points system for F1 drivers
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 10:01:01 PM »
  Do things like drop 4 tires off the track and an automatic point.  Avoidable collision, 3 points.  But it would need to be transparent - have someone describe with onscreen graphics what the penalty was for.

All done whilst running the race under a safety car each time so we don't miss any of the action, eh Scott.  ;) :D  

No, I don't mean in real time.  Come on, it takes stewards sometimes a whole race to figure out what happened at the first corner.  All I mean is maybe as a post race bit, they could explain the penalties - we are talking about a point system in this thread, aren't we?  Not Stop-and-goes.

So Stop & go penalties won't collect points then?  :swoon:  My that'll drive a coach and horses thru the system.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 07:02:53 AM »
Stop and go penalties don't carry further penalty now, why should the with a points system?  Different infraction than penalty points I assumed.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »

I think the idea of this points system is to have a mechanism to get drivers to clean up their act. So if the stewards don't award points as well on top of any other punishment, for driving infringments, then the whole totting up process will be worthless, won't it?

In soccer they issue a red card which sends the player off, punishment for the original offence, then the card also counts towards a totting up system for future match bans to deter repeat offending.  
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »
No, I figured a SnG is for a minor offence, like holding up a car under blue, speeding in pit lane, unsafe pit release, that kind of thing.  An actual driving infraction like causing a collision or running someone off the track, putting 4 wheels off the track, is what I guessed points being awarded for.  Obviously we have different interpretations of what is at this point a hypothetical plan, so I wouldn't say my points are as 'funny' as you think John, any more than yours are.

Football is quite a bit simpler than F1 with regards to penalties I would say.  It doesn't really carry over. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 04:12:13 AM »
No matter what you do, Mr. Maldonado and Mr. Romain will always tangled into this. I mean look at this race, it is the last race of the season, and one is got grid-penalty and other is being investigated for pit-lane incident. Seriously people, what you anyone could do anything to keep them off visiting stewards room, almost every weekend. They are fast no doubt it, they are faster making a menace, for themselves and for the team.

Because I believe both of the team suffered hugely because of these drivers action.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle