collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 256
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16165 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12995 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Especially for Ian, the 10 live races on BBC next year  (Read 3451 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Especially for Ian, the 10 live races on BBC next year
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »

At least you'll get your beauty sleep for Oz & Malaysia GPs.  :D

No Monaco either!  :P

CHINA
14 April

SPAIN
12 May

CANADA
9 June

SILVERSTONE
30 June

TBA*
21 July

BELGIUM
25 August

ITALY
8 September

JAPAN
13 October

INDIA
27 October

BRAZIL
24 November

*venue yet to be confirmed by Formula One management.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

David

Re: Especially for Ian, the 10 live races on BBC next year
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:29:44 PM »
Ba****ds!  >:(

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »
Thank you John, very much appreciated, not, confirms the fact that the BBC are nothing more than a bunch of scumbags. Oh how I begrudge paying my tv license fee.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Thank you John, very much appreciated, not, confirms the fact that the BBC are nothing more than a bunch of scumbags. Oh how I begrudge paying my tv license fee.

I dunno what you are moaning about though, I have to pay the full licence fee as well and I don't even watch F1, or a lot of other things, on the Beeb.  ::)  :crazy:

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
Apart from the fact I can't afford or want sky John, I think their team are mostly crap.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:42:58 AM »
Well, I don't know what F1 in the US will look like next year. Live or taped or both? Practice or Qually live or taped, if at all. I hate change.  >:(
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
BBC is the only channel I can get that shows F1 in english.  I can't get Sky even if I wanted it (which I don't).  It's a shame.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 11:30:13 AM »
I can't get Sky either (and thanks to planning regs, I also can't get any non-BBC channel that broadcasts F1 in any language whatsoever). Even if I could, the few snippets I've heard on YouTube suggest that I wouldn't be able to access the commentary due to David Croft shouting instead of speaking (sadly, Ben Edwards suffers from the same problem on the BBC, despite both of them being able to commentate perfectly well on other series and platforms). The difference became glaring when I went to Vallelunga and watched the Brazillian Grand Prix. Despite my shaky grasp of Italian, I understood more of what was said from the RAI commentators than from the BBC (or the YouTube snippets of Sky's coverage). I think the severe decline in commentary quality in Britain is affecting my passion for F1.

This probably explains why I'm not so fussed about there only being 9 races on the BBC (if the TBA comes through I'll probably watch Le Mans and exchange the TBA for more sleep). After all, if I have to watch with the sound muted (which would apply with either option), then I'm not far off being better off "watching" via text feeds on the internet.

I'm glad the BBC is once again not showing Bahrain though, as the 2012 round may yet turn out to be the reason F1 eventually dies.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »

Way too harsh in my opinion.  Yes, I was disappointed that the BBC wouldn't continue showing all the races live, but, as an organisation, it's second to none, despite recent events, and having lived in other countries in the EU, I can assure you that the BBC trumps other 'public service' broadcasters for quality, and relative impartiality.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
I hope that NBC can return the coverage to the high level that Speedvision had back before Fox turned it into Speed. I think NBC Sports Channel is available on more cable & satellite systems than Speed.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 07:12:36 PM »

Way too harsh in my opinion.  Yes, I was disappointed that the BBC wouldn't continue showing all the races live, but, as an organisation, it's second to none, despite recent events, and having lived in other countries in the EU, I can assure you that the BBC trumps other 'public service' broadcasters for quality, and relative impartiality.

So it bloody ought to,  ::) with the special tax (licence fee) we all have to pay for it.
No other country pays out anywhere near as much as us for public service broadcasting.  >:(

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:17:53 PM by John S »

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »
The BBC is about as impartial as Alice in Wonderland is a true story.  :tease:

Offline Irisado

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
So it bloody ought to,  ::) with the special tax (licence fee) we all have to pay for it.
No other country pays out anywhere near as much as us for public service broadcasting.  >:(

No other country that I can think of has as good a quality public service broadcasting, so you get what you pay for.  Have you seen the rubbish which goes out on state television (the BBC equivalent) in some other countries?

The BBC is about as impartial as Alice in Wonderland is a true story.  :tease:

I like Alice in Wonderland :D.

Since there's no such thing as impartial media coverage, and it's a lot less partial than other state television broadcasters I've watched, I have no complaints.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »
Apart from the fact that BBC's coverage of F1 is far superior than sky's, the one other thing the BBC do better than any other channel or broadcaster is is a documentary, other than those two that is the only tv that I watch, apart from Mrs Brown's Boys of course.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
Apart from the fact that BBC's coverage of F1 is far superior than sky's, the one other thing the BBC do better than any other channel or broadcaster is is a documentary, other than those two that is the only tv that I watch, apart from Mrs Brown's Boys of course.

And we all have to pay Ģ13 a month for that, whether we like it or not when we have a TV in the premises, not very good value for all those Ģmillions now is it?  :P  

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle