collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 583
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Adrian Sutil  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Ian

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

Re: Adrian Sutil
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:46:13 PM »
Wow - big second chance.  Hope he'll keep his hands in his pockets when he's out for a drink this season  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »
Just like you Scott.  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »
That's something else entirely Ian   :P :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:39:25 PM »
Adrian Sutil will have a shoot out style recruitment from Force India F1 racing team with Jules Bianchi as the competitor. I think it is yet to be declared that he is their second driver.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Williamsfan

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:12 PM »
Seems odd in this progressive world of F1 that Force India have gone back for Sutil.  It is nice but it begs the question of what did some of last year's drivers have to do.  I guess a combination of Sutil's sponsorship and track record goes for him.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »
I was pretty surprised when he was dropped in the first place, even though Hulkenburg was an excellent replacement.  I think that it had a lot more to do with Sutil's off track activities than it did with his on track performance.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:40:29 PM »
I think Di Resta has not stepped up to the plate, Hulk got the better of him in the second half of the season so the team can't rely on Paul to carry the team into a decent money paying place by seasons end.
Taking Sutil back will both bring extra cash from sponsors and pretty much guarantee a good payout from FOM for this year.
Bianchi probably needs to bring double Adrian's sponsor money at least to get the drive, unless FIF1 needs Ferrari's help in the new turbo power era - in which case all bets are off.  ;)
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »
Interestingly Ferrari have started making noises about the benefits of having another customer team so I do wonder if Bianchi is now more likely, perhaps he was being compared directly against Sutil this week to see what level he is actually at compared to a known quantity.

vintly

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »
It looks like Sutil has the Force India seat. German speakers will know more than me!

Easy on the GBH this time round Adrian!

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/formel-1/2013/02/27/adrian-sutil/perfekt-rueckkehr-in-die-formel-1.html

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »
It also suggests that the choice of Sutil over Bianchi was, at least in part, because Merc gave them a better price on engines than Ferrari.

In any case, I'm glad to see him back.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Although it may well be true Sutil's own management are not confirming this story, here is a few sentences from a report on Nextgen-auto.com today about this story.

"Sutil was in the McLaren simulator yesterday," read the Sport Bild report. "As of Thursday, he will be in action for the last pre-season test in Barcelona.

"On 17 March in Australia, he will race a grand prix for the first time since Brazil 2011," added the report by Bianca Garloff and Ralf Bach.

Sutil’s manager Manfred Zimmermann denied the report.

"Nothing has been finalised yet," he is quoted by the German news agency SID.

"We are still hoping and waiting for a confirmation."

vintly

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:39 PM »
I'm not glad to see him back. What can he bring that Di Resta can't? I think new blood would have been worth the risk, potentially providing more points. I'm watching him being interviewed, he says he's there on merit. Ok he just beat Di Resta 60/40 on points in 2011 - does that merit another shot?

Dull dull dull, Force India treading water.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
I think with the Hulk getting the upper hand on Paul last year it's going to be mighty interesting. I think Di Resta has now only this season to prove himself worthy of a top running car to stand any chance of a top 4 team drive. For my money Di Resta has not shown enough, in some races last year the Hulk was battling at the front and Paul was midfield or worse, I'm not convinced Paul has that extra bit that makes an F1 winner.

Whilst Adrian may not be championship material either he is a seasoned F1 racer, I think FIF1 are looking for money from their team finishing place at seasons end rather than sponsor/Engine favours.

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 02:26:11 PM »
What could also be interesting is that there is no love whatsoever between Sutil and Hamilton, Sutil is still mad at Lewis for not backing him up over his GBH trial. Sutil's actual words were..."We have no relationship, I will meet up with him, but I don't know what will happen."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle