collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 541
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso blames Vettel for his DNF  (Read 604 times)

Offline Scott

Alonso blames Vettel for his DNF
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
Well, not exactly, but I got your attention, didn't I?  After watching the replay I also thought Vettel was really slow through turn 2 when Alonso hit him.  Maybe he had a problem, but it occurs to me that Vettel has done that before when he leads into a corner he is sometimes slow to pull away.  Tactic, or just nervous on the wet track?

Alonso also defends the decision to stay out.  Like I said, he thought the damage wasn't that bad.  Of course he didn't see the sparks like we did (and his team should have).

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/8596221/Alonso-Vettel-was-almost-stopped

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Willy

Re: Alonso blames Vettel for his DNF
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
I can understand Alonso not being able to see the sparks and deciding to stay out until his pit window opened to go for slicks. But, Ferrari saw them and knew that to stay out was dangerous to Alonso as well as every other driver when his front wing exploded and spread carbon fiber sharks and pieces all over the track to damage tires etc. And to not believe that, that is what was going to happen with him staying out was just bloody irresponsible of them. Very foolish of the pitwall to not get him in ASAP when he had the opportunity. The stewards should have penalized Ferrari for that stupid, selfish decision.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »

Yeah I have to agree Willy, the focus should be on why Ferrari never pitted Alonso - much to dangerous to leave a car in that condition out on track, especially in the poor visibility conditions on the damp track.

On the original point that Vettel took his time in the corner, so what, it was adverse conditions and even the best drivers have problems getting the power on. Almost all the others managed to avoid each other. I'm sure Alonso was only to aware that cars were not responding the same as in dry conditions and closing too fast is a big problem for the chasing car. Nando mistake pure and simple in my book.   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:34:38 AM »
Probably a bit of blame both ways. Very few incidents are 100% the fault of 1 driver. Things are happening so fast at the start of a race you have to depend on the other guy to drive in a normal fashion. When I race my RC car, there is a guy who is always slow off the line. I allow for it, but when he hits a good start, there I am backing up, expecting to need to avoid him and trying not to get run over.  :DntKnw:
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »
In general I'm quite surprised about how mature the drivers have been on track (disregarding team orders not withstanding).  Everyone has been daring, but when the biggest mistake of the season is a 2 time wdc clipping a 3 time wdc in the third corner... it's safe to say that the drivers know what they're doing, and know what their cars can do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle